18| let the dead remain dead

SETH 

SETH 

He was back in Los Angeles. A city where everyone was too busy on their phones and on the internet to go out and live. In his case, LA was his escape from everything that transpired in the Philippines starting from Jessica Davis to Tessa's cheating.

Ironical wasn't it? One month after the incident in the Philippines and he was still stuck in his swivel office chair gazing at the huge billboard just outside his glazed mirror walls. One month of trying to forget her and it was like everywhere he went, she was there. Everywhere he fucking looked she was there. As if trying to mumble the words 'I want to see you.

His eyes roamed her hair, that ginger hair that had been in his dreams, those lips that had tortured him every single night, and lastly her eyes. Those eyes peered into his every time he closed his eyes and recalled the night they made love in that cold small hat. Yes, they had made love because as much as he tried to say it was just sex, it wasn't sex. No, it was something more and it scared him.

He massaged his jaw getting pissed that her face once again was broadcasted in the middle of executive buildings with men far hornier than those on Wall Street. He turned around quickly, his eyes staring at the papers piling up like mountains on his desk. With a fountain pen in his hand, he picked up one of the documents sighing as he signed it.

He had barely gone over the second contract with the Singaporean investors when Ryan knocked on his door.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I know you are busy but I don't know what to do. She's back, she says she won't leave until you see her. S-Should I call more security on her?"

"Let her in", Seth huffed and his secretary gave him a questioning look which was understandable given the fact that for the past month, he had been banned from stepping foot in Cervantes Co.

"Okay, Sir", Ryan gulped nervously retracting from Seth's office.

Seth turned around taking one long look at Jessica before he stood up seating on his huge oval glass desk waiting for his nagging visitor.

It didn't take five minutes before Tessa stormed through his double-glazed doors running to him and hugging him. It caught him by surprise but other than that, he felt nothing. He wasn't hurt, and he didn't feel jovial either but one thing he did know was that Tessa was his past tense. He didn't want to see her let alone talk to her.

"Baby--I missed you", she cried leaning in for a kiss but Seth was quick to stop her by grabbing her forearms lightly.

The look on Tessa's face was full of dejection. Her auburn hair had adopted a rather dirty brown look and her eyes weren't as blue as before. He couldn't recognize the woman in front of him. He couldn't understand how it was he didn't see it. How it was he hadn't seen her for who she was.

"S--Seth, we were fine weeks ago. I-I don't understand what's happening"

Seth moved away from her, pacing around his office as he shook his head unbelievably,