Highschool| yes, Jabari Rashford

JABARI

JABARI

"Jabari, if you leave you might as well say goodbye to your future",his father hinted, eyes not blinking, his mouth formed into a thin line.

Jabari faced his mother who at the moment stood beside his father being the perfect housewife she could be. Her look of disapproval said it all, Jabari could already read whatever it was that was going on through her mind. That her husband was right. That he should have listened to his father because daddy knew best? 

Instead like the goofball Jabari Rashford was, he took the car keys making a run for it to the door to the garage and within a whisker he was driving his car from his father's house without any regrets. He was brave now but once he came back he knew the repercussions of his actions would be dire and severe.

"Bari--Bari, I need you. It's raining, we are in the middle of the road-Maine street if I'm not wrong--Bari?Bari?"

The thing about love, it was as stupid as it was beautiful. Stupid in the sense that for Jessica Leon, Jabari would walk through fire, he would go to hell if need be, he would wade through a tsunami just to save her and tonight he readily missed a crucial dinner with a Caltech football coach just to get to his Jessica. His Leon.

Like a madman, he was meandering through traffic just to go get her because at the end of the day that was just how much he loved her.

A love that had ignited the very instant he became friends with her. Jessica had taught him how it was to be in love. Jessica had made him crazed with desire. The desire for her to be in his life forever. The desire for him to wake up next to her and be greeted by her warm smile. Jessica was his guiding angel through the storms of his life. She was kind, selfless, beautiful, caring and most of all she made him happy.

She made him him. The guy who  would tolerate pressure from his father without any complaints because at the end of the day, she would be there to lessen the pressure.

Most of his friends like Brent Locke, Cameron Gellman and Hank McCoy couldn't understand what it was that he saw Jessica. And how could they? When all they saw was the fat nerdy girl who no one wanted to be around. Jabari couldn't care less if Jessica weighed two times the size of a whale.

Quite contrary, he considered himself lucky to have her in his life. She was the type of person who would make your day worth while, who would make everything better and that type of gem deserved to be treasured.

She was his past, currently his present and would soon be his future. One day in the foreseeable future, she would be Jessica Leon Rashford. Call him ambitious, crazy, irrational but that was how love made him. Perhaps sooner or later Jessica would realize he was in love with her and reciprocate his feelings. It was not like she had her eyes set on someone.

What about Seth Cervantes?

His mind painfully reminded him but he pushed that thought far way that it might have been forgotten. Seth Cervantes wasn't a threat to him. Jessica wouldn't be too dumb to fall for him. Perhaps what did Seth Cervantes have that he didn't? They were both filthy rich and unlike Seth, Jabari knew what he wanted in life. Jabari was livelier than the self proclaimed badboy of Westshire High.