Highschool| who's the lucky bitch?

SETH

SETH

Highschool. A haven for learning new things as his father had put it.

Rather highschool, especially Westshire High, was a shitty and crappy place. It wasn't about learning or trying to make yourself have a bright and successful future no...

Highschool was all about proms, which guy liked who, which girls were bang-able, jocks being jerks and misogynistic, cheerleaders thinking that just because they had boob jobs over the summer that they were now likeable and last and certainly not least was the gossip. Especially gossip that involved him.

Seth detested each and every delinquent that got close to him out of pity. He wasn't exactly a social butterfly but he had atleast expected that highschool would atleast treat him differently. He wasn't the ten or something year old anymore, no, he was grown up. He had moved on and he was far from being 'the kid that cried every night because he didn't have a mother'.

Safe to say, he hated school and a normal teen at his age would have flunk all his classes and got done with the said classes. But why didn't he?

Why was it that on a boring Monday morning, he was leaning against his locker being too early for his first class?

Tessa Urquillo.

She was the only reason, he was still in highschool. She was the only reason why he attended classes. She was the only reason why he wanted to be better, why he wanted to be himself again.

It was rather dumb to be in love that early but God, Tessa had been all he could think about since he learnt of the true meaning of love.

And in five, four, three, two, one...

She would walk down the hall, carrying a few books on geometry with a large groupie of cheerleaders behind her. It wasn't obsession. Obsession was spying on someone while they slept through their bedroom window.

Not that he hadn't thought about it, but still he wasn't obsessed with her. It's not like he had memorized each and every class she had, her everyday schedule, her favorite place to hang out, her favorite drink, how she liked her soy latte and which allergies she had. Maybe he was obsessed, just a little.

He watched as she smiled at something her fake friends were whispering(He had never been a fan of cheerleaders, mainly because they would follow him around practically begging him to pay them some attention)

Tessa's smile was enough to make him smile goofily. Her auburn hair glistened against the stray rays of light meandering through the transparent windows of the school. Her lips glowed with a pink lip gloss and he imagined kissing them.

He had barely creeped on her enough when out of nowhere, someone slapped his shoulder nearly make him stumble to the ground.

"My man! How goes it?" Brenton Locke, chuckled sinisterly behind him as Seth regained his composure.