31| Death

SETH

SETH

Dinner at Secrets silver sands Riviera had turned out quite nicely then he expected. Mars hugged him before disappearing back to the resort and Jessica had chattered the night away, her laughs like a calming ointment on burning wounds.

He wanted to cuss out even as she blabbered about Mars' mystery girl. About how bad she was for her brother and how surprised she was after finding out Mars was in love.

Though the real surprise wasn't that Mars was in love, it was who he was in love with that would array Jessica's nerves.

And Jesus Christ, Mars hadn't told his sister about it even after Seth had implored him to do so.  As he watched her take a forkful bite of the tofu in front of her, her smile radiant, her skin glowing against the moonlight, his heart beat at the thought of Mars'secret ruining what he had at the moment, and Good God, he was not going to allow it.

If Mars refused to tell her the truth then that was on Mars not him. The best thing to do was keep quiet about it and wait for fate to work its magic without Jessica ever finding out that he knew who Mars' supposed mystery woman was.

On cue, the band that he had hired at the last minute crawled down the sands to where the gazebo was located.

"Music?"

"Not just music, we are going to dance"
He stood up from his seat going around to take her hand in his.

There was a bit of hesitation from her but she locked her hand with his.

"I'm a terrible dancer", she chuckled, her hands around his neck playing with the hairs at the back of his head, an action he enjoyed so very much.

"I know, you told me", he said honestly, his hands on her empire waist watching for any sort of reaction.

"You remember?"

He never forgot and how could he forget the very first time he laid eyes on her? How they danced at some guy's party, having fun like he never had before.

"I never forgot, I might have forgotten about the day we made love because I was high but I'd never forget everything else between us. How could I forget the girl with the most beautiful ginger hair sobbing against my sleek car"

"My hair was far from beautiful. It was wacky and voluminous", she corrected as the band started playing a song he'd only heard years ago.

"Wacky, voluminous. Same thing. The point is you were the only thing that made sense at that party"

And he was telling the truth, a truth he hadn't admitted to himself back then. He loved her since he set his eyes on her and he was too damn afraid to act on those unknown feelings. Tessa was the perfect drama-free girl he wanted to love but he forgot that love was never perfect or drama-free.

With Jessica, he could see from a mile away that there was bound to be drama and hence he had done what every scared guy in love did, he pushed her away.