9| not amigo either

Love lights more fires than hate extinguishes
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

JESSICA DAVIS

People had different phobias right? Some were afraid of spiders, others afraid of driving, others afraid of flying, afraid of confined spaces and hey what do you know, others had a fear of blushing. A phobia known as erythrophobia.

However for some of us, well for Jessica, she had an entirely different phobia. It started when she was ten. When her parents decided to separate the twins and give her her own room far from Mars. On the plus side, it was a win win for her but looking at it from another angle, her fears evolved from that very room.

She would spend a whole lot of hours looking at the ceiling fan swirling above her and in those frigid hours, dreadful thoughts would torment her. What if the ceiling fan actually snapped and fell smack on her head impaling her?

Was there like a fear of ceiling fans falling on top of you head? Or a fear of ceilings just collapsing all over sudden because at the moment, as she stared at the poorly constructed roof thoughts of it collapsing on her ran in her head more times than she could count.

She could see it move, she could see it shake or maybe it was just her eyes playing little tricks on her. She was nervous, that must have been it. It must have been her nerves.

She pulled the beige covers against her body trying to get some sleep but when she heard something move. Something like a little ruckus on the roof, damn she couldn't stay still anymore.

Leaning against the edge of the bed, her head cocked downwards looking at him. How karma must have been laughing at her now.

How would she tell him that she needed him on the bed right after she had sent him sleeping on the earthy unsteady ground.

"Seth?" She whisper-called but the old sack seemed to have drifted to la-la land a long time ago.

"Seth, are you up?" She whispered again which was a rather dumb question to ask.

Ofcourse he was asleep. He used his left hand as a pillow for support and the other hand to shield his face from any disturbances. The said disturbances being the mosquitoes that rained in the night like manna from heaven.

In a more bold attempt, she got off the bed, went to kneel where he slept poking his hard chest to wake him up. She would regret this come the next morning but at the moment, she needed him because she...was scared.

"Seth",she called again, her voice calm and collected.

She was about to give up when all of a sudden he groaned, his forearm slowly sliding off from his face to reveal the grey eyes that looked icy against the penetrating light from the moon.

"For the love of God, Jessica, it's in the middle of the night",he exhaled frustrated looking at her with annoyance.

"I know but-"

"But what?"

"The ground, it looks uncomfortable. You can hop on the bed if you want",she fake smiled. The kind of smile that would put that of the Grinch to shame.

"What happened to maintaining boundaries?" He asked and she mentally groaned knowing that the bastard wouldn't really buy the whole 'I feel sorry for you because you are sleeping on the hard floor'.

"You said it yourself, you would never touch me because I'm your girlfriend's bestfriend. I trust you",she jeered hoping that he wouldn't read much into it.

She didn't want to tell him anything more than she had at the dinner table because everytime she tried making him see that there was more to her than he had perceived, Seth would revert to being the jerk she hated.