CHAPTER TWO

I looked at my bloody hands, I was at an unfamiliar place. It was dark and there was a large poster bed beside me and I found myself lying on the floor.

I coughed as I stared at the ceiling, blood gushing out of my mouth. I placed my hand in my stomach. It hurt, it was painful, but soon I felt my body becoming numb.

A black figure that looked like a man stood beside me. I couldn't take a proper look at his face since everything was blurry.

"You should've just listened to me, you belong to me and no one else. This is the ending befitting of a villain like you. Dying in a stone-cold floor, all alone."

I gasped for air. I started to shake and scanned my ssurroundings My hand automatically flew into my stomach and I breathed of relief when I saw no blood. I breathed heavily and my heart was beating fast.

What was that? It felt so real. I felt like I actually died. I looked at the book beside me,. MaybeI was just dreaming, a dream that felt real.

I combed my hair and felt ullets of sweat on my face, I tried to calm myself down. I looked at the clock and it was already nine am. I immediately got up and prepared. I had no time for getting emotional over a dream. I need to find myself a job.

Several hours passed, and I have not yet found a single store that accepts part-timers. It was already afternoon and I still did not eat breakfast or lunch. My feet also hurt from all the walking.

I decided to sit down at a nearby fountain to rest. It was a Saturday, so the place was packed with people-families and friends. I stared at a family happily eating during their picnic. Friends were taking pictures ad lovers were having a warm conversation.

The grass was bright green, and the soft air passed through the tall trees of the park. Bubbles and kites were floating around and kids were running here and there.

"Ah, other people have such happy lives, why can't I have something like that?" I whispered to myself unconsciously.

I didn't exactly have fun memories at the orphanage. I never made friends and the people who were supposed to take care of us were not that nice. I would starve three days in a row because of them. And when I finally left the orphanage, I was given more challenges and suffering that never seemed to end.

I felt my phone vibrate again, so I checked to see who called. It was an unknown number, maybe it's from one of the places I applied to. I answered the phone just to hear laughs and whispering.

"Airin," the voice called. It sounded pleading and in pain, the laughing was still audible in the background.

"I'm sorry," she cried.

"Eli," I whispered. She started to whimper.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." Her crying grew louder.

"Where are you?" I asked her abruptly. I stood up and prepared my things.

"I—" she couldn't finish her sentence and it seems the phone was snatched away from her.

"Airin." A familiar high-pitched voice said. "Your little friend here wants to have fun,. Wantto join us?"

I breathed heavily and messed up my hair as I walked back and forth.

"You know the place you little shit," she said and hang up.

I stared at my phone and tried to call the number again but it was out of reach. I was nervous and was sweating profusely. Should I go? If I went there again, I might be arrested this time. Last time I tried to interfere with their fight, I got a warning from the police. The girl I was talking to was the daughter of a person with power. She can twist any story if she wants to.