53

Bjorn was checking the rooms on the second floor when he heard a crash from downstairs.

It sounded like it came from the floor below him which was supposed to be the kitchen. By the time he went down, nobody was there. He walked to the kitchen to find where the sound came from but there was no one there.

That's before he noticed that the door to the pantry room was open. When he walked towards it, he saw the princess hanging on one of the shelves and a wooden layer was on the floor. A chuckle escaped from his mouth when he saw her.

He leaned on the doorframe for a while with his arms crossed as he watched the princess dangling and trying to look for something to step on but failing. When he was satisfied he sighed and walked over to the princess.

"Do you need some help?" he asked, and the princess pretended not to hear. "Alright, I'll leave then."

Just as he was about the leave, the princess yelped, "wait! Wait!"

"Help me get down!" the princess said. "but don't touch me."

Bjorn's forehead creased. It was such a ridiculous favor, there was a way he could get her from up there without touching her. He looked down on her feet when he thought of something.

He placed the palm of his hands right below Tatiana's feet like he was waiting for water to pour down a faucet.

"Lower down your feet," Bjorn demanded. Tatiana was skeptical if she should trust his words. Maybe he was telling her to lower her feet as a prank and end up falling. "Just trust me."

She sighed and lowered her feet. She felt something warm underneath her sole which made her lift it up again and tried again after a while.

Meanwhile, Bjorn used his hands as a platform for the princess to step on. Bjorn wouldn't do it if the princess was barefoot because it would feel like he was violating her by touching her bare skin but since she was wearing socks, he didn't mind.

He stared down at the princess's feet slowly lowering down at his palms, her feet even smaller than his hands. The princess hesitated at first but decided to step on it, her body weighing down on his hands.

"I'm heavy," Tatiana gave him a heads up before letting go of her weight on the pillars.

"I know," Bjorn answered, "just get down from there."

Tatiana's face heated as she tightly shut her eyes in embarrassment. This was better than being carried down like a child, just bear with it, she thought. After the princess had steadied herself, Bjorn slowly started to lower the princess down.

"What are you doing?"

Tatiana squealed in surprise and ended up losing her balance, falling backward. Bjorn immediately stepped back and the princess ended up sitting on his shoulders, holding tightly to his hair.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Bjorn hissed in pain.

"Princess!" Emma gasped and immediately ran behind Bjorn to support her back. Bjorn immediately lowered her down to the ground where she jumped off of him.

"I'm sorry!" Tatiana gasped when Bjorn massaged his scalp.

"You grab my hair like you're trying to pull out weed!" Bjorn snapped, sounding angry and annoyed.

"I said I'm sorry!" Tatiana snapped back.

"Both of you stop, please," Morgan entered the kitchen carrying the stuff that they bought. Bjorn and Tatiana immediately stopped bickering and looked away.

Emma moved forward and started to unload the basket of goods. Tatiana glanced at Bjorn one last time and rolled her eyes, immediately running after Emma.