51

Morgan was truly taken aback.

"Do I have my wallet with me?" Tatiana whispered to herself, "here it is."

"Princess, I really do think that coming with me is not a good idea. This place is full of thieves and thugs. The roads are not paved and mud will get on your dress."

"Sir Morgan is right, your highness," Emma agreed, "it is better to stay here for your own safety."

Emma and Morgan looked at each other and nodded. They both agree that it is not a good idea for the princess to go with him. A person who lived in luxury and walked only on marble floors is not fit to walk on a muddy path let alone be with commoners.

"Stop being so dramatic, both of you," Tatiana answered and lifted the hood of her cloak. "Morgan is here to protect me and who cares if there is mud. It's normal."

Tatiana started walking when Bjorn blocked her way and said in a low voice, "you need to listen for once, princess. You don't belong in these places. You will only make Morgan and Emma worry."

"Will you stop being so overdramatic?" she groaned.

Bjorn's eyes slightly widened and scoffed, "overdramatic? I am merely concerned about your well-being!"

"Since when did you ever care about me?" Tatiana snapped back, "you are not concerned about my well-being, you are just doing what you are told to."

Bjorn's forehead creased, "And it is my duty to keep you safe!"

"You are not the only knight here! Morgan can protect me. I know he will and unlike you, he genuinely cares for me."

Tatiana glared at Bjorn and pulled Morgan's hand and marched away, "Now let's go because I'm hungry."

Bjorn scoffed and massaged his temples. This is what he is talking about, this is why he hates the princess. He turned around to answer but the princess and Morgan were too far away. He was about to chase them when Emma spoke.

"You should leave them be," Emma said and sighed.

"But this is not her turf."

"Sir Morgan is with her," Emma answered, "Sir Morgan will not let anything bad happen to the princess. And the princess won't stay still, I know from experience."

"Then why are you tolerating that behavior? She may be a princess but she does not own the people under her."

"I am merely a servant, sir Bjorn. And it is my duty to serve the princess," she sighed and looked at the corner where the princess disappeared and smiled. "But I never felt like I was a mere servant. For the first time in my life, I was told that I am someone's 'best friend'"

"The princess is stubborn and crazy, if I say so, most of the time. But she is kind and thoughtful, clever, and even brave," she added and turned to look at Bjorn with sparks of curiosity in her eyes, "If I may ask, sir, you grew up with her and you are her fiancé, how come you, of all people, don't know that?"

Bjorn was not able to answer. He was so certain that the princess was not a good person. She was a brat that hurt and controlled people. She was a person that had a bad temper and she always wanted things to go her way.

But now, he was not so sure.

--

Morgan could not speak or even squeak a sound. The princess was tightly holding on to his arm and walked close to him that other people mistake them as lovers. He felt the princess's heat and the sides of their bodies stuck close to each other.

He was holding on to his breath all this time.

"How long until we get there?" Tatiana asks. She was busy lifting her dress so that it won't be covered in mud and she was holding on to Morgan's arm so that she won't fall to the ground. She would hate to go back to the carriage looking like she bathed in mud because she will become a laughing stock and she is sure that Bjorn will mock her saying that he was right.