CHAPTER 37

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Bjorn noticed someone suspicious.

The street was busy and packed with people. He could hardly even keep his eyes on Tatiana because there were many people wearing cloaks as well.

He caught her making her way through an open space. A stall that's selling books. A suspicious looking man followed her but kept his distance for a few meters while observing Tatiana's every move. Looked like the man was following her even before and noticed that she had many gold coins inside her bag, a clear sign that she's a noble.

While Tatiana was busy browsing through books that she will buy for Elliot, the man slowly inched forward which made Bjorn move forward as well. The man looked over the crowd of people and glued his eyes on the princess like a hyena stalking a gazelle.

While the man was thinking of a way to escape after grabbing the purse, he didn't notice that a bigger prey was already behind him, watching his every move. He felt the back of his hair stand up and the air suddenly turned cold.

He slowly turned around and was greeted by someone's chest. The man immediately recognized the danger and went on with his plan without thinking much. He jumped on Tatiana, attempting to snatch her bag but Bjorn immediately tackled him to the ground and grazed her hair instead.

The princess who felt that something flash behind her, whirled around but didn't see anyone. Bjorn and the man he tackled to the ground was immediately covered by the people walking around.

Tatiana shrugged and proceeded to read the blurbs behind the book's cover. She finished paying just in time for Bjorn to knock the man out and tie him to a pole somewhere. The other guards will find him soon enough since Bjorn let a note.

"Elliot will love these," she happily whispered to herself and walked around for some more. She also passed by a stall that sold bows and ties. She picked one polka dot bow and one yellow and black striped necktie for William. She found it funny and chose the design just for fun, she thought that the old man at least needed something colorful in his life.

As for Emma, she needs to pay her back big time. She was lucky enough to find a beautiful necklace with a letter E as a pendant. She also bought her a pretty music box which plays a gentle and beautiful tune.

She never thought that venturing to the capital would be so much fun. There were a lot of people and she was never good with crowded places but she enjoyed every part of it. She felt like she was free for the first time.

Eventually, she got lost and ended up in the residential area of the capital. There were no people loitering around the area so she decided to remove her hoodie so she can look around better. The houses were mostly made up of wooden planks and pointed roofs. The building itself also stretched out up to at least three or four stories high.

She continued to look around for any signs of going back to the main street or at least the way back to the entrance of the capital but to no avail.

"No! Please! This food is all I have left!"