CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Sweat trickled down the side of Tatiana's face as she walked towards the banquet table. The scenery was beautiful. The whole place looked green, and the vibrant colors of flowers popped out. Butterflies were fluttering around the garden with their colorful wings.

"Welcome, your highness." one of the ladies said, as they all bowed their heads in respect for the princess.

Norma pulled the chair out for the princess to sit down on the long table. Tatiana nodded her head and smiled at the ladies before sitting down.

One of the ladies asked, "I heard that you lost your memories, your highness." She was elbowed by the one beside her and gave a wary look.

Tatiana noticed how the air tensed and they were filled with awkwardness. She once read in the novel where Tatiana attended a tea party just like this, but Agatha was there as her guest. She was known to brag about herself all the time and humiliate others. She would also fish for compliments by putting others down.

She wondered if Tatiana was like this even at the age of fifteen, but based on what she'd seen, Tatiana had been already a villainess ever since she was young.

"Ah," she started, "yes. I lost my memories after waking up from a coma."

The ladies started whispering and talking as if she was not even there. She also felt that someone was staring at her back, and when she turned her head, she saw a familiar face that was looking down.

Her hands turned cold and she ground her teeth in anxiety. That was Emma. Emma was looking at her. She turned away and fiddled with both of her thumbs while the other ladies chattered away.

'She won't tell on me, won't she?' Tatiana thought to herself. 'Nah, she would be too scared.'

She spent the time convincing herself that her recent façade wouldn't be exposed and used against her.

"Her Majesty, the Queen of Aragon, has arrived!"

Everyone's attention was turned to her when she arrived. Her gown was a simple and modest design, but it was made from a rare fabric that is imported from the east. She also wore simple-looking pieces of jewelry as her accessories. Everybody knows that it is a rare item. She walked gracefully into the pergola, and everyone stood up to greet her and acknowledge her presence.

Except for Tatiana, who was lost in her overthinking state. She was so busy thinking about Emma that when everyone stood up and greeted the queen for her arrival, she was the only one who remained seated.

Everyone looked at her with surprise. Everyone in the room knew that they had a bad relationship with each other, but it was a normal gesture to stand up and greet the king and queen when they arrived. Even in the past, Tatiana stood up against her will.

Whispers about it resurfaced again and when the queen arrived at the head of the table, she glowered at Tatiana and cleared her throat, but Tatiana was too preoccupied and continued fiddling with both of her thumbs.