75

Tatiana plowed through the crowd of people trying to get her attention.

Now that she's the crown princess, many people are trying to kiss her. She has encountered many barons, viscounts, noble ladies, and even older men who are trying to get it with her even though they know she's engaged.

William and the others are nowhere to be seen, especially Elliot. Morgan was reunited with the other knights to be congratulated. He was reluctant to leave her, but Tatiana encouraged him since she saw that his friends were truly proud of him.

"Your highness!" a man called. Tatiana immediately turned away in an attempt to hide her face, but it wasn't going to work. This guy's been following her for ages and is trying to strike up a conversation with her.

"I found you!" he said as he jogged towards her. "I don't know why it's so hard to talk to you, your highness. You must be very famous."

"Hehe" Tatiana let out an awkward laugh. This man is at least ten years older than she is and is a divorcee. He is a baron from the countryside but is known to have assets that make him wealthy. From what she heard, this one got divorced because of his obsessive and abusive tendencies.

"I must say, you look very beautiful," the man cheekily said and stared down and her exposed shoulder blades.

Tatiana immediately felt shivers down her spine and immediately stepped away.

I am only sixteen, you sicko! How dare you stare at me like that? She thought.

Tatiana cleared her throat to get the baron's attention.

"My eyes are up here, Baron," she said. The man snapped out of his trance and grinned.

"Of course, of course, I was just taken by your fair and milky looking skin that uhh—" he trailed off and stared down again.

"Well, I am busy, so if you will excuse me!" she said, raising her voice and nodding at him.

"Oh, please wait! I want to know you more!" the baron insisted. But something about his mustache and sticky stares; and him being obsessive made Tatiana not want to let him know more about her.

Tatiana walked away, but the baron still gladly followed her. She tried to talk with other people to make the baron think that she was busy, but he would also take part in the conversation.

She was starting to get scared; it's understandable since the original villainess did not end well, and it was because of an obsessive stalker. Her eyes lit up when she saw Bjorn's head perking up in the crowd.

She turned to the baron with a grin and said, "I guess, this is where we shall part! My fiancé is here!"

Tatiana jogged towards Bjorn and made an expression that she needed help. Bjorn's forehead creased as he watched the princess strut towards him.

One of the knights joked, "Oh, cap's fiancé is here to take him away."

"Morgan, you should do your job very well if you don't want the captain to punish you."

Morgan ignored them and took a sip from his wineglass.

"Bjorn! Bjorn!" she squealed with a small voice, "Halp! Halp!"

Bjorn seemed to understand the message and looked behind her. A man of nobility was walking after her with a smug look on his face. They suppose that he was drunk and was following the princess around.

Bjorn reached out his arm and scooped the princess's waist towards him as he glared at the baron. The man paused but raised his brows.

"Morgan," Bjorn called. Morgan immediately understood what he meant and placed his wine glass on the table and walked towards the baron, escorting him away.

"He's gone," Bjorn told her and looked down. The princess was frozen in her place snuggling up to his chest. He realized this and slightly pushed her away.

Tatiana's cheeks were bright red from the sudden hug while the other knights noticed how red the captain's ears were. They both cleared their throats and looked away from each other.

"What is this awkwardness in the air?" one of the knights asked and exchanged looks with another.

"Shut up," Bjorn warned him.

"Tatiiii!"

They both turned when a girl came running towards them. She was wearing a purple gown with her hair up in a crown braid.

"Lady Iondale?" Tatiana asked. The girl immediately jumped on her and gave her a tight hug. She was taken aback because of the sudden skinship.

"Happy Birthday!" she cheerfully greeted her. "I'm sorry I was late! Daddy had some things to finish!"

An older male version of herself ran after her. The poor man was panting and sweating and complaining about how much his knees hurt.

"I apologize for being late, your highness," he greeted, "congratulations on being crowned and for appointing your own knight."

"Thank you, Duke," Tatiana said, and felt sorry for the man. His daughter was too energetic for him. Now she suddenly felt guilty for having William, who is even older than the duke, chasing her around. She thought that she should reward poor William for his services.

"I personally wanted to thank you for sending Nadia and the others to the orphanage. Also, I wanted to thank you for all your service and help up until now."

The Duke waved his hand in front of his face and said, "those are nothing, your highness. You helped me keep my treasure safe, and that's what's most important to me."

"But that's—" she was about to say more, but the duke only smiled at her. She sighed and shook her head.

"Father and the others are at the center hall, you may go and enjoy the party," Tatiana encouraged him, "and thank you very much for attending."

The duke gave her his greetings and walked away, leaving her with the duke's daughter. She turned to Lady Iondale, who was already grinning. Looking down, she saw her fingers intertwined with Lady Iondale's and was swaying it.

"Lady Iondale—"

"Call me Marie," the lady beamed." Tatiana's eyes widened in surprise as she let out a nervous laugh. Addressing the duke's daughter by her first name felt awkward, even though she was the princess. Even if she was higher than she was in social status, titles should still be observed properly.

"I have something to show you," she excitedly chittered, and pulled her away. Tatiana was dragged after her, but she abruptly stopped and pointed at Bjorn and Morgan, who had just arrived. "You both should come with us too!"

Lady Iondale, or Marie, pulled her outside the hall and into the darkness of the palace garden. They arrived at a familiar location that turned out to be the garden where tea parties were being held. The outside of it was dark, but there was light from the inside.

"Quickly! They are waiting!" Marie excitedly said. And Tatiana was able to escape the party.

--

END