72

Tatiana greeted Bjorn with a grin.

Bjorn looked at her strangely, chuckled, and shook his head. She offered him his things, which he gladly accepted. They both walked away from the crowd, and while Bjorn was wearing his cloak, Tatiana stared intensely at him.

"What do you want?" he asked her.

Tatiana gave him a knowing look and snickered, "You enjoyed it."

When Bjorn didn't answer, Tatiana jokingly bumped her body into him, but ended up bouncing off and almost hitting another person when Bjorn caught her. They stared at each other in silence for a while, then started laughing.

"What were you trying to do?" Bjorn asked her.

"I don't know!"

The two of them walked in silence while staring at the people enjoying themselves. The sun was setting and the lanterns were lit up. The place looked more and more magical as it turned darker. Music started playing, people gathered around musical plays, and children surrounded the magic shows.

"I wish I had come here when I was younger," Tatiana whispered to herself. "It would have been great to come here with a family and spend our time here together."

In both lives, Tatiana never experienced a family's love. She was an orphan in her previous life, and in this life, well, it's twisted and full of controversies.

The stars in the sky looked like glitter. What she loved the most in this world was its starry sky and its moon, which was so big and near that she felt like she could touch it with her bare hands.

"I always wanted a family of my own," She started by saying, "I imagined being a mom with many children in a simple home, and every day we would do things that ordinary families do. We would all sleep together in a small bedroom, and we would have our own farm and garden, and everything would be peaceful and life would be so simple."

But that was just a distant dream for her. She died like an orphan in her previous life, and in this life, she's also bound to die if she doesn't do anything about it. Having a big, happy family is also almost impossible since she will be crowned queen by a future king she knows nothing about.

People can't have everything in life, and that's alright. If she or Elliot becomes the ruler, then it will be fine. If Elliot becomes king, she would gladly accept it and continue working at the orphanage with the children.

She noticed that Bjorn was silent for a while, and it dawned on her what she was talking about. She immediately turned to him and waved her hands.

"I'm-I'm not referring to you! I won't lock you in something that will make you unhappy," Tatiana explained to him, "I'm just talking about dreams, you know, just fantasies that I know won't happen."

"Why won't it happen?" Bjorn suddenly asked her.

"Well, first of all, I'm a princess who will one day be crowned as queen, and that explains most of it, and –and"

She trailed off.

I don't even know if I will be alive by then. but she can't say that out loud. She remained silent about it and just smiled.

Bjorn didn't push any further and just remained silent with her until they came back to the palace. Bjorn personally escorted her to her chambers. Both of them were silent, not knowing what to say to each other. It was awkward for them to be like this when all they did was bicker and fight.

"I had fun," Tatiana whispered, "Thank you for coming with me."

Bjorn took something out of his pocket. a small pouch the size of a golf ball and handed it over to Tatiana. She was confused at first but she opened it to check it. It was the blue ring she saw earlier. She was at a loss for words and didn't know what to say.