CHAPTER FIVE

ARAGON'S ROYAL PALACE

"What do you mean she tried to run away again?!"

A servant flinched and almost spilled the tea that she was serving the queen. The room turned silent after the queen's outburst, no one even dared to breathe in fear that she would once again turn the room into chaos.

One of the princess's ladies-in-waiting fearfully bowed her head as she was kneeling down in front of the queen. She was cowering in fear and her body was slightly shaking with the thought of something getting thrown at her.

"What is that brat planning now?!" the queen hissed while pacing back and forth in front of the glass coffee table that was specially made for her by the king. The queen always wanted expensive things, things that other people don't have. She wanted to covet everything beautiful in her sight, and when she wanted the throne, she did everything to get it.

Everything went her way. She would do anything to take what she thought was meant to be hers. But there is one thing that did not get-go with what she planned. Something that prevented her from placing his son on the throne.

And that was the Royal Princess, Tatiana Loreal. The first-born daughter of the king and the late queen. The first one to take the throne. Tatiana was the only thing that kept getting in the queen's way. If the princess disappeared, then his son would have taken the place to replace the crown.

"But-but it seems that the princess does not remember anything, your highness." Said the lady-in-waiting while bowing her head. Her forehead almost landed on the floor, and her knuckles were pale white from the nervousness she feels.

"She must be a tough one if the poison doesn't work on her," the queen maliciously said, chewing on her fingernails. "But at least she doesn't remember anything about the poisoning."

She looked down on the servant and looked at her with disgust.

"What is she doing now?"

"She went to the royal library saying she wanted to read about the kingdom, your highness."

The queen scoffed, "so now she's showing interest in the kingdom? She never showed interest in the kingdom from the beginning, so why is she reading about it now?"

The queen's face soured at the thought of Tatiana taking the crown. If Tatiana succeeded in taking the crown for herself, then everything that the queen did to take the throne would be all for naught and she surely wouldn't let that happen.

The queen said distastefully, "if anything goes downhill, you're the only one going down, do you understand?"

"Yes, yes," the lady repeatedly said, "thank you for letting me live, your highness."

The Queen clicked her tongue and dropped her body onto her seat. The lady remained kneeling on the floor, not daring to lift her head up.

"What are you still doing here?!" the queen snapped. "go and watch that girl!"

The lady hurriedly stood up, her head still bowing down with respect.

"Yes, your highness."

The door closed behind the lady-in-waiting. Her whole body was shaking in fear and out of spite for the queen. She was of noble birth. She was a noble lady, and yet she is being treated even worse than a commoner. Even if her family was poor and had no assets, she was still a noble and believed that she did not deserve to be treated like that.

"I never would have done this if it weren't for my brother," she croaked. She stared down at her knees, feeling numb and in pain. "I need to survive."

The lady-in-waiting walked towards the princess's quarters and bumped into one of the royal palace's chef apprentices pushing a trolley filled with the princess's snacks.

"Ow!" the lady said and glared at the apprentice, "Watch where you are going! can't you see me walking?!"

"I-I apologize!" the apprentice said. The lady wanted to hit her out of spite when she realized what she was supposed to be doing. She straightened out her dress and fixed her hair.

"I will be bringing this to the princess, you can go now." She said to the servant and pushed her to the side and gripped on the trolley's handle.

"But the chef specifically instructed me to—"

"This is the queen's order. Do you want to be punished or thrown out of the palace?" the lady snapped. Fear filled the apprentice's eyes as she quickly surrendered and bowed her head.

The lady-in-waiting rolled her eyes and cleared her throat before proceeding to the princess's quarters. The way to the princess's quarters became more and more crowded with royal guards.

After the escape incident, the security around the princess's quarter tightened. It had been a few days after the incident of her running away the second time, and the princess had remained quiet after that.

The workers in the palace noticed how the princess was silent, which made them even more nervous. She was cooped up in the library, which was unlikely since she was known for not stepping in the library for a very long time.

Even the lady-in-waiting is nervous. The princess was acting differently than she usually is. She expected that the princess would throw tantrums and be violent with everyone around her like she usually is but after the incident, it felt like the princess turned into a whole new person.

The lady shook her head.

The princess can't change that easily. After a few years of working for the queen and spying on the princess, it is impossible for someone to change overnight. All these years, she has been following orders from the queen, such as spying on the princess, doing things that aggravate and trigger her, and reporting her.

When she arrived in front of the door, she inhaled a deep breath before signaling the guard to open it for her.

"Your majesty, I will be entering the room with delicacies as your afternoon snacks."

When she arrived at the room, the door closed behind her. The room was bright and tidy, unlike before, when things like accessories and clothes lay bare on the floor.

"Norma," a voice called from behind. When the lady-in-waiting turned around, she saw the princess standing beside the door as if she was watching her enter the room from the back.

"Your-your highness! What are you doing behind the door?" Norma's heart almost jumped as if she was caught doing something bad.

The princess, Tatiana smiled at her and made all the hair on her body rise up. She wasn't used to this, never in her life did she see the princess smile at her without looking like she had something evil in mind.

With this, she feared the princess even more than before.