CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER FORTY

The princess thought of a perfect plan.

"More to the left Emma!" Tatiana shout-whispered down at Emma who was holding the ladder against the wall.

"Stop moving, your highness! You might fall down!" Emma frantically shouted while holding on tightly to the shaking ladder. Every time the princess thinks of a plan, it always ends up being dangerous or crazy.

"I can't see properly! Doesn't this go any higher?" the princess complained and stretched her neck to reach the window sill but she was still lacking a few inches.

She started slightly jumping to see what was inside the window but to no avail. She was outside of the king and queen's chamber by the window. She was looking for a chance to enter and decide where she will be placing the tool she will use for the plan.

"Princess please get down from up there!" Emma wailed.

From afar, the knights were staring at them. Morgan sighed and looked at Bjorn and noticed how Bjorn was intently staring at them.

"Each day I become more and more drawn to the princess," one of the knights said.

"Stop dreaming, Cain. She won't even bother looking at you." Another answered.

"Oh! She's about to fall!" Cain shouted. Everyone turned when the ladder shook and almost fell backwards.

Morgan noticed Bjorn move but stopped when the ladder leaned towards the wall again. His heart skipped a beat when the ladder almost fell backwards. He was about to dash and catch the princess just in case she fell.

"Get down from there, princess! I beg of you!" Emma wailed and looked like he was about to cry. A few seconds in and the princess climbed down.

"I feel bad for her servant sometimes," Cain said and the other knights nodded in agreement.

They watched both the princess and her servant carry the ladder and placed it on the side. Tatiana clapped her hands after and looked around. When she turned to their direction, Bjorn's heart skipped a beat once again. It keeps happening more often that he's starting to get worried about himself.

"Morgan!" the princess shouted and waved her hand at him. Morgan bowed his head in return.

"Don't forget us when you become king, okay?" one of the knights wept and patted Morgan's back. Cain shot him a look and nodded his head at Bjorn's direction. The knight immediately covered his mouth.

"The training grounds. Now." Bjorn announced and walked away. Morgan looked at them with his usual bored expression and followed after Bjorn.

"Louis you shxthead! Look at what you've done!" Cain hissed at him and washed his faced with his palms in frustration. "Now we're going to pay! You know that he's a monster when he's not in the mood!"

"Sorry! I forgot that the captain is the princess's fiancé!" he yelled in defense.

"Now!" Bjorn's voice boomed that it made the knights jump and chase after them immediately.

Meanwhile, Emma and Tatiana were sitting down the stairs along with the other servants. They formed a circle and spoke in a hushed tone like they were talking about secrets.

"I was told that a ghost appeared in the palace hallways during midnight!" one of the servants said and leaned her face closer, "don't tell this to anyone but it is said that it was the late queen's spirit!"

Tatiana shuddered. She was wearing a servant's uniform and a wig to disguise herself and gather information for the plan she was going to carry out.

"So, it appears in the hallway that goes to the king and queen's chamber?" Emma clarified the information.

One of the maids nodded and said, "she goes to bed at eleven after reading quite a bit in her office."

"Is-Is the queen afraid of ghosts?" Tatiana asked. The servants looked at each other with an unsure expression and shook their heads.

"We don't know. She never heard her say it and we all know how scary she is."

Tatiana pondered in her room. Her plan is not going to work if the queen isn't afraid of ghosts.

"Do you really think that you plan of scaring the queen using fake ghosts will make her decide to let you hang out with Elliot freely?" Emma asked.

The plan was to pretend and be a ghost and scare the queen and tell her to let Elliot hang out with Tatiana. It was a solid plan and Tatiana thought that it would be effective. They just need to be good at acting.

"Let's just try it tonight," Tatiana said, "I'm confident that I would make a scary ghost."

Emma looked at her and sighed, "right."

"My plan is to stand in the corner and when she arrives, I will show myself and then she will scream and try to run away so of course I will chase after her and tell her to set Elliot free and I won't stop chasing after her until she agrees."

"She will just run to her room and lock you out."

"That's why you will be with me. You will make sure that she won't be able to run towards her chambers."

Emma looked at the princess disbelievingly. There is no way that it will be effective.

--

END