CHAPTER THIRTEEN

TATIANA LORIEL

Tatiana felt the world collapse. She was done for. She will now be discovered and reported, and she will be once again trapped in her room. Ironically, the person she just met was the person she hated the most in the story. And first and foremost, why was he the one who got to discover her disguise?

"What are you doing here?" Bjorn asked, his voice sounding angry and annoyed.

"I'm not Tatiana," she replied, trying to change her voice and hoping that she wouldn't get busted.

"A mere palace servant would not dare call the princess by her name. That's basic knowledge," Bjorn replied.

Tatiana squinted her eyes in defeat and sighed. She slowly looked up at Bjorn, whose hair was dripping down with water or sweat. His tanned skin turned even tanner since the last time she saw him. They must have been training in the heat of the summer sun for days. He was also wearing the same attire as the guy she bumped into except that he had a crest pinned on his right chest as well as a large sword on the side of his waist.

She unintentionally gulped. The guy was hot, she couldn't help it.

"What are you doing here?" Bjorn demanded, "dressed up like that?"

"E-errand," Tatiana stuttered. Bjorn squinted his eyes on her and messed up his hair in annoyance.

"You really are scary," he said.

"Captain," the guy said.

"You even came here dressed like that just to follow me around? Are you out of your mind?!" he burst out.

Tatiana flinched at his booming voice. She looked at him disbelievingly and scoffed.

"Who do you think you are?" Tatiana asked him and crossed her arms, "Aren't you being too delusional right now?"

"Delusional?" Bjorn raised his eyebrows.

The guy went up to him and grabbed his arm, "Captain, I don't think you should be talking to the princess like that."

"Just stay out of this, Morgan."

Tatiana's ears perked up when she heard a familiar name. The anger building up inside her disappeared and her attention turned to the smart guy beside Bjorn.

"You're Morgan?" she asked. Morgan looked flustered but respectfully bowed his head.

"Yes, your highness."

"Finally," she whispered in relief as she stared at him.

Someone who will be on her side. Someone that will defend and protect her and be by her side. Morgan Sulliv. Her personal knight.