45

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

Tatiana felt that something was wrong.

She went to the other side of the room where there aren't many people to find a place to sit at but there were no chairs available.

She looked around when she felt that someone was staring at her but when she looked at Elliot and Morgan, they were talking with other kids. When she turned to look at Bjorn whose head was taller than anyone else's, he was also talking to a friend.

"A pleasant evening, your highness."

The princess felt a shiver run down her spine. She knows that voice, she knows that voice very well. She slowly turned around and a gentleman with a pleasant smile bowed respectfully.

"I have had my eyes set on you this evening," he said, "you truly are beautiful."

Tatiana felt sick. This person, though he seems young is the person who is going to destroy her life. She did not expect that she would meet him this early on in the story. Her hands started to shake and her knees felt weak.

She did not have Tatiana's memories from the past but she knows her future and she feels it in her body. The fear and the pain that she felt when he slapped and hit her and touched her against her will. She remembers his manipulating words that led her to do something bad.

She remembers him whispering threats and words that would never want to hear. She thought that she could escape him in this lifetime but it seems that fate had other plans.

"I am Hugo Spencer, my father is a merchant known for his herbal business."

Oh, she knows. She was forced to drink herbs that sedated her so she can't fight back and run away from her prison. It's chilling to remember something that did not even happen yet, and it feels too real that it felt like insects were crawling on her skin.

"Pleasure to meet you," she showed him a courtesy.

"Would it be alright to invite you in a handshake?" he asked and offered her his hand. Tatiana did not want to but at the same time, she did not want to provoke him.

She let out a shaky breath while forcing herself to lift up her hands. Even the sight of his face makes her skin feel itchy.

"Tiana," Bjorn muttered her name under his breath as he looked for him.

He curved into a corner and stopped in his tracks when he saw a purple dress. He was about to leave when he made sure that she was there but he noticed something strange was happening. Tatiana was talking to another man but her face was full of fear.

Bjorn squinted his eyes and noticed Tatiana's shaking hands. Her eyes looked like they'd seen a monster and that's when he knew that something wasn't right.

He walked towards them, pulling Tatiana away from the man. Tatiana's skin was icy cold in his touch which made him even more sure that something was not right.

Hugo's smile disappeared and turned into a scowl when he saw Bjorn. He became more aggravated when he Bjorn removed his hand on the princess's arm and draped it around her bare shoulder.

'he's touching her skin' Hugo thought, his blood slowly boiling but he managed to plaster a smile.

"It is rude to interrupt when people are talking, dear sir," Hugo hissed.

Bjorn did not even spare him a glance and looked down at the princess who was shuddering under him. His jaw tightened and looked at the man. Something must have happened, this won't happen to the princess if it was just nothing.