54

The birds chirped in the early morning. It was yet another day at the mansion.

It was their fourth day already. Tatiana was busy preparing and buying the things needed for the children as well books and other materials.

What Bjorn said bothers Tatiana, now she feels like the king was only toying with her. Maybe the king thought that this was a mere game or a play that the princess wants to try while she is still young. It loses all the value of the words that the king said to her.

She tied her hair up in a ponytail to get ready for the day. She can't let the words bother her, no matter what anyone says, she will push through with the plan.

"Princess, are you alright?" Emma asked her, "you look pale."

Tatiana was feeling sluggish and a little dizzy but there were important things to be done rather than laying in bed doing nothing. She started to feel more motivated now than ever because of what Bjorn said the other day.

"I'm fine," Tatiana answered softly, "have you found anyone?"

Emma sadly shook her head, "no one wants to do it no matter how good the offer is. They think it's ridiculous to take care and teach orphans. They don't want to be a laughing stock in social circles."

The princess sighed and massaged her temples. How are they going to run the orphanage if no one is willing to teach and take care of the children?

Her head is starting to ache even more because of the problem.

"Your highness, is it alright if I ask something?"

"Why? What is it?" Tatiana responded.

"Were you not bothered, at all, by what Sir Bjorn said the other day? You two seem to avoid each other since that incident."

"Well, it is awkward, knowing that your fiancé doesn't want to marry you," Tatiana answered, "but who am I to stop him? It's not like I can force him into a marriage he doesn't want. Also, we're both too young to marry and be engaged with each other."

Actually, Bjorn was still the same after that. But Tatiana didn't feel like it was right to continue acting all friendly around him. She knew, at a certain point that the engagement would be called off. He was going to end up with Agatha, anyway.

She just didn't want to be attached to him at the very least. She needs to remember that he's the reason why she ended up in a mess that eventually killed her in the original story. She knows that Bjorn will never love her.

"Are you not hurt?" Emma asked again. This time, Tatiana could not answer immediately.

Does it hurt?

Maybe it's her pride, or maybe some of the original Tatiana's feelings stayed with her. She feels disappointed, and sad because she thought that Bjorn and her could work out, even just as friends. But Bjorn clearly didn't want to marry or be connected to her in any way and there is nothing she could do about that.

"I'm fine," Tatiana answered and smiled softly, "after all, it was just a childhood crush. Things change, and feelings never stay the same. And I doubt he will ever love me."

There was sadness in her voice that only Emma noticed. She heard from everyone, how the princess adored the captain of the knights so much and now, the princess looks like she's changed.

Everyone thought that the princess's love for Bjorn was everlasting but it turns out that even feelings as strong as that, change, especially if it's not being nurtured.

Someone aggressively knocked at the door and when Emma opened it, Morgan was standing outside the door, panting.

"Outside, angry men."