CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Shortly after William and Elliot left, she got ready for the tea party, where she will be escorted by the palace guards and her lady-in-waiting, Norma.

She looked at herself in the mirror and could not believe what she was seeing. This was the first time that she was properly wearing a dashing dress. At first, she expected a ballgown with shiny sequences, but instead, the dress that she was wearing had a modern touch to it. It was a white, fitted dress that got looser at the bottom and dragged behind her. The gown was sleeveless but had fabric clipped on each sleeve that served as a cape. The dress had golden and intricate details drawn from the side of the dress' collar down to the waist that met at the end, looking like a V.

Her wavy hair was in a loose braid with golden leaves clipped on it, and, of course, a small diamond tiara on her head. It felt unnecessary to wear a tiara, but it went well with the overall look.

For the first time since she woke up in this world, she saw herself as a princess.

"Thank you, Manuel," she said with sincerity. Manuel looked down at her with his hands clasped together in front of his chest, as if he was admiring her.

"I am so proud of what I did," he said, teary-eyed. Tatiana shook her head and smiled at him.

"You are very talented," she said, " I hope to work with you in the future as well."

"As long as you don't destroy my things," he said in a serious tone. Tatiana's jaw slightly dropped, but Manuel grinned right after, "Nah, I'm just joking. It's not like I have any other choice, do I?"

Tatiana looked uncomfortable and smiled nervously, "yeah, hehe."

"I'm just kidding too," he said, "of course, I would be glad to be of your service. All for the greatness of Aragon."

"Are you ready, your highness?" Norma greeted her as she exited her room. She was wearing a simple dress; a red kirtle with long white sleeves and laces zigzagging at the front. Her hair was curled and she was wearing simple jewelry.

"Yes," Tatiana nodded, noticing the uneasiness of Norma around her. "Let us go."

Tatiana walked nervously towards the venue. She had no idea who these people were or what would happen during the event. She feels like she will mess everything up because of panic and accidentally pour steaming hot tea on a noblewoman or something.

As they walked closer, the venue's arbor came into vision. Flowers and vines completely covered and enveloped the wooden arch as well as the trellis fence that surrounds it. The wooden fence itself was bare but the leaves and plants that intertwined on it gave it a magical touch and also some privacy, since no one could peek in.

Royal guards were stationed outside of the garden as they entered. A red carpet was laid out in their path and the sound of ladies giggling and talking was audible even from a distance.

The venue was like a little forest on its own with trees and flowers surrounding a pergola at the center. Norma glanced at the princess and noticed how calm she looked with her chin up, but when she looked down, the princess was nervously rubbing her hands together.

Tatiana looked head-on at the entrance and sucked in a breath.

'Don't worry, this won't hurt you. They are just a bunch of ladies that like to gossip', she thought to herself, with the hopes of calming herself down.

Unbeknownst to her knowledge, Emma was one of the maids that were given the task of serving at today's tea party.

Emma also did not expect this. A servant suddenly disappeared and now she's the one who is covering her jobs for her. It started with the princess' afternoon tea and now she is also standing at the side waiting to assist the ladies.

"Her highness, the princess enters the venue!"

The venue was buzzing with whispers and laughs until the princess arrived. The room turned silent and all their eyes were on the princess. Emma was aware that servants should not stare directly at the royal members but her curiosity got the best of her.

She slightly raised her head and glanced at the princess coming in. She started looking down at the princess; her dress dragging on the floor and way up to the dress and the princess's face.

There was only one thing that she could describe what the princess looked like. It was breathtaking. Her hair that looked similar to a flame was in a braid adorned by golden leaves as if they grew out of it and her face was as small as a disk. Her eyes were cold and sharp with the color of emeralds.

She radiated beauty, sophistication, and class. Emma knew of the beauty of the late queen that caught the attention of the king but she did not realize that her genes were this beautiful.

"Ma-Maria?" she whispered under her breath. Tatiana seemed to hear her as she faced towards her direction but she immediately lowered her head down. Emma started to feel nervous and overwhelmed.

She was sure of it. She remembered how the real Maria appeared before them after the Maria she knew disappeared. Sir William explained the situation to them but the identity of the woman who pretended to be Maria remained a mystery even after several days.

Emma's head started feeling dizzy and her hands turned cold. Thoughts clouded her mind and a flashback of how she treated the fake Maria resurfaced. If what she is thinking is true, then the person who she dragged around and bossed a lot was the kingdom's princess.

Her knees turned soft and felt like she was about to collapse. The princess knows Emma's face and if she realizes that it's her, the dream of saving enough money for a house in the outskirts of the capital will vanish along with her head.

--

END