CHAPTER TWENTY

It was the day of the tea party, a couple of hours before it would start. Tatiana was being dressed and packed by the Tailor and other makeup artists in her room. They started at six in the morning but ended at eleven at noon.

The preparation for the tea party lasted for a long time and she was being dressed as if it was a large event. She had not even eaten breakfast yet and she was starving.

"Chin up, your highness," the tailor said, "this may just be a tea party, but it is an event that many powerful women will attend. This will be a battle of dresses and appearances."

"I don't think I want to take part in that—" the princess paused and looked at the tailor through the mirror.

"Manuel," the tailor said, "my name is Manuel, your highness."

Even his name is manly, Tatiana thought.

"Did-Did I already know you before I lost my memories?" she asked. She was worried if this was the tailor of the former Tatiana. Knowing her temper, it must have been difficult dealing with her. Maybe Manuel was thinking of taking revenge on her in some way.

"No," Manuel answered shortly, "you had another personal tailor, but he quit because you destroyed everything he owned when you didn't like the dress he tailored for you."

"Oh, my," Tatiana gasped, "is-is he okay?"

"Not really. I lived in the same neighborhood as him before I entered the Palace and he became a drunkard." Manuel said as if it was nothing, "who wouldn't be, you destroyed his tools and things that cost a fortune. Not to mention that he was very sentimental about those things."

"Oh no." How could she do that? Even if her temper was that bad, she shouldn't do that to people. She destroyed someone's life and shattered their dreams.

"But that was months ago. The king got him his own salon and is now working happily."

"Thank goodness!"

"Maybe I was lucky enough to be hired just after you lost your memories," Manuel said, the side of his eyes gazing at the princess,

" You're not as scary as the rumors say."

Tatiana laughed nervously. ' That's because I'm not the real Tatiana' she wanted to say but remained silent about it.

"A tea for the princess," someone announced from outside. Manuel looked over his shoulder in confusion.

"We never asked for tea, though." He said, "and the princess shouldn't drink or eat before the party."

Tatiana also faced William, who was pushing the trolley.

"What's this William?" she asked. William did not answer her but instead, pulled away from the cloth draping at the side of the trolley.