CHAPTER 35

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Emma was stressed out.

"Princess, you shouldn't do this!" she frantically followed the princess around her room. "This is a really bad idea!"

After she met with the princess after her supposed to be training, she could see that it did not go well. The princess was obviously angry instead of being relaxed after exercising. Now she's saying something crazy like she's going outside of the palace to keep her cool or else she will explode.

Emma repeated over and over that she should not do it and it is a terrible idea. First of all, this will be her first time outside the palace, and second of all, it is a dangerous place for someone like her.

"Please, your highness, I beg of you. This is really a terrible idea! You should do something else and not that!"

Tatiana wore a cloak and pulled over the hood over her head and got a few gold coins from the drawer as well as a paper and pen and put it inside the small bag that she wore over her shoulder.

"I'll die of high blood pressure if I stay here, Emma." Tatiana was determined and there is nothing that will change her mind.

"What is a high blood pressure?" Emma asked, worried and whispered to herself, "I need to get Sir William immediately."

"Don't even think about it, Emma," Tatiana said, "or I won't talk to you."

"I'd rather you not talk to me than endanger your life outside the palace." Emma honestly said and followed the princess towards the door when the princess whirled around.

"That's so sweet," Tatiana told her sweetly and pulled out the Identification Tag that she snatched from Emma. "But I will borrow this for a while. I promise I'll be back home before sunset."

"Princess!" Emma wailed.

Tatiana reassured her, "I will make sure I won't get discovered nor get killed. And I will buy stuff for you and William, don't worry! See you later!"

Emma felt like she was about to lose her mind. The princess is crazy! Though she can't say that out loud. She started nibbling at her fingernails out of anxiety.

"Oh, and make sure that no one will enter the room. Tell them I'm asleep and in a bad mood." Tatiana looked back and winked at Emma before scurrying off. Emma tried to reach the princess but she couldn't.

"This is bad, this is bad," she whispered to herself, "I should tell Sir William."

No! she shook her head. Sir William is protective of the princess. If he realizes that the princess ran away, he would dispatch guards to find her immediately and that's not good. The whole palace will be put into chaos.

She said that she will be back before sunset, that means she will be out for five hours to say the least.

"What am I even doing with my life?!" she wailed and sat on the sofa and slapped her cheeks to wake herself up. "There is no way the princess will become a queen with this personality!"

"Sir Bjorn Rocco is requesting an audience with the princess!"

"Not now!" she squealed. She walked back and forth trying to make up an excuse then shouted, "The princess does not accept visitors!"

Emma's hands are shaking. She feels like the whole world is going to crumble if somebody discovers that the princess is missing and the palace will be turned upside down if something happens to her.

With the last ounce of wit she has, she cracked the door open and saw Bjorn waiting outside.

"Is the princess alright?" Bjorn asked. Emma looked around to see if there was anyone else outside except for the guards and pulled Bjorn inside the room. And closed the door shut.

"I need your help, Sir Knight." Emma desperately said. Bjorn looked around to find the princess but there was no one else here except the servant that she's always with. That's when he noticed that something was wrong.

"Where is Tatiana?" he called her in a first name basis, that means that it's in a personal level. He looked down at the servant who was pale and looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"I need you to do something, sir knight." Emma steadied her breathing and said, "the princess is going outside the palace."

"What?" Bjorn's voice slightly got louder, "Why? She's not allowed to go out of the palace! The place is too dangerous for her! How did that happen?!"

"That's what I've been trying to tell her but she couldn't be stopped! She even snatched my Identification tag!"

Bjorn froze. The princess is serious about going outside then. An identification tag is needed to enter and exit the palace and it's the only way for people to do so freely.

"This is bad," Bjorn sternly said, "I'll go after her."

"Yes, please!" Emma cried, "the princess is reckless, who knows what will happen to her outside!"

Bjorn looked at Emma with curiosity and mumbled, "you are genuinely worried about her."

The expression of the princess' servant can't be described by words. But Bjorn could see that the servant is genuinely concerned about the princess's safety and not because she's scared of her own safety if ever the palace finds out that the princess is missing.

It was a good thing that Bjorn was wearing a cloak over his training gear. He walked towards the door when Emma called after him. Her knuckles turned white and her eyes are tearing up.

"Please keep the princess safe, sir knight. I know I am not in the position to say this but the princess is a very important person to me and to Prince Elliot." She breathed, "please help her return safely."

Bjorn nodded at the servant and made his way outside of the princess' chambers. He felt a short pang of fear thinking that he is too late and lose sight of the princess. He marched as fast as he could.

He never thought that there would be someone who would care for the princess so deeply. Not to mention that it is a mere servant.

Maybe the princess really is a changed person.

--

END