CHAPTER FOUR

Something must have terribly gone wrong. There is no way that this is all real. Tatiana racked her brain all day and night just to figure out what had exactly happened to her. This isn't real. None of these are, she just has to wake up from this dream that feels real.

As she was frantically pacing around her room, she can't help but glance at the mirror to which she immediately looks away. She looks like a whole different person. Her unnaturally reddish wavy hair looked like it wasn't dyed and her green eyes didn't look like contact lenses. She feels like she's gone insane.

"What happened to me?" she let out a shaky whisper as she stared at the stranger on the mirror. All she remembers is that she fell down from the school building but she suddenly wakes up like a character in a book.

"Your highness, please open the door!"

She was snapped back into reality when she heard a knock at the door.

"You haven't eaten for two days, you will get sick!"

Her palms traced from her cheeks down to her stomach. This is alright, she thought, she could go on for days not eating because her financial state can't allow her to do so. She must find a way to escape. This might just be a play or a large lie that everyone around her came up with. Maybe this is just a reality show.

Dread and reality slowly started to dawn on her. Her body, and the way she looks is not fake. Her body aches like a normal person's, so this is not a dream and there are no movie production staffs that will be waiting outside the castle wall. This is reality, she really is Tatiana Loriel, the princess of Aragon Kingdom that's meant to die as a villainess.

The first thought she had on her head was to escape the palace. If she could run away and find a secluded place where she can stay. She looked around the bedroom and started opening the cabinets.

The first door led to the bathroom which had a large marble tub in the center and a chandelier on the ceiling above it. The wall was adorned with scarlet red and patterned cubes. The other doors didn't have escape routes either, only a vanity room full of jewelry and another is for a dressing room that's filled with expensive clothes.

She sighed after rummaging through every nook and cranny and decided to lie on her bed. The bed felt like it would devour her body because of its softness, even her body relaxed on its own and started to feel a lot heavier.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do here," she murmured as she started to feel drowsy, "should I just sleep for now and decide tomorrow?"

Yes, just find a way tomorrow and relax for now. But what if there is no tomorrow? What if she dies tomorrow or something bad happens again? If she dies then maybe she will just go back to her previous life. But remembering her previous life, there isn't much to miss. She didn't even have a comfy bed of her own, yet her own dressing room full of clothes and jewelry, she's not really sure if going back would be a good idea.

And what if she dies and that's that? Then everything that happened will be all for nothing. She was finally hopeful to start life outside of the orphanage and yet she got transported into a different world where she will technically die in the end.

She bounced from her bed, leaving behind the warmness and comfort that felt like it was trying to cling to her body like glue. There must be a way to survive all of this. She slapped both of her cheeks to wake herself up and looked around.

The only way out was the window. She looked out for a possible escape route. Her room was high from the ground and jumping from it wouldn't work, and she does not really like the idea of jumping and dying again.

Below her window was another floor and a line of bushes along the wall of the palace. There was a pavement that lead to a wide area of a maze garden. If she could just navigate through it then she might escape the palace walls and save her life.