→ 𝙞𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"YOU KNOW, WHAT WE ARE TO ATTEMPT IS QUITE MAD." DMITRI SPOKE, HIM AND HOPPER IN THE SEPARATE CELL.

The cell where they kept the Demogorgon's next food.

"Even by your standards, American." He added on, Hopper nodding from his seat. "Yeah? You got odds for us this time?" His question made the Ex-Russian guard scoff, moving to sit next to him. "I think... a thousand to one?" Dmitri smirked, Hopper chuckling dryly. "Even if we somehow kill this beast, we still must escape. We fail there, I don't think they will be so kind as to throw us back in a cell." Dmitri admitted, Hopper's laugh halting. "They will shoot us on sight." He added, Hopper shrugging. "We die as monster slayers. You'll be a legend." The Russian huffed, shaking his head as Hopper smiled. "But still a traitor. You forgot traitor." Dmitri reminded, Hopper shrugging. "Monster slayer trumps traitor." He spoke, Enzo staring forward.

"I bet Mikhail will be proud of his pops, at least." Hopper tried to comfort, Dmitri tensing at the name of his son. "Mikhail? No. I can't do nothing right with him anymore, it seems." The man huffed, Hopper looking to him. "He will say, 'Papa, I bet that bald American did most of the monster slaying.'" He mocked, Hopper smiling as the two laughed a little. "He's that age, huh?" He asked, Dmitri nodding. "Yeah, he's that age." He chuckled, glancing at Hopper. "Is it same for you, American? With 'your' twins?" Dmitri asked, Hopper smiling at the thought of the two. He missed the cabin. When he'd have to remind Seb to go to sleep when it went dark and pouring syrup on El's Eggos until she told him to stop. How he had to sometimes brush Seb's teeth for him because he would be too intrigued in the books to take care of himself.

How they'd both cuddle up to him whilst watching Miami Vice. How Hopper had to, very messily, pour black hair dye on Seb's head because he dyed his hair with that Scarlett girl. How the twins surprised him wearing his work uniform once for his birthday because they didn't know what gift to get him. "Last time I was with El, she wanted just about nothing to do with me." Hopper shrugged, Dmitri nodding with a small laugh. He's betrayed Russia, why keep a grudge on the American and his children? "Seb, he was in the middle. El wanted nothing to do with him either, for some reason." Hopper huffed, Enzo humming to signal he was listening. "Seb was just kinda, like, in the middle of the me and his sister. He had his friends, of course." Hopper nodded, staring at the snow beneath them. "We were both just in her way, really." Hopper smiled, Dmitri doing the same.

"I think back to the way I was with my dad at that age. I was the same." Hopper laughed, Dmitri nodding. "Seb, he's more shy, I think. Definitely the black sheep." Hopper smiled, Dmitri humming. The more Hopper ranted on about 'Subject Seven' and 'Subject Eleven', the more he realised how human they were. It gave him more time to think about how these Subjects were real people and not just a brag to have on their side. "I think it must be hardwired into us to reject our fathers. Seb, he's different. Kind of." Hopper stood up, taking Dmitri's previous spot to watch over the pit they were surrounding. "His will come in later. So they can grow and move on." Hopper nodded, speaking more to himself that he did Dmitri. "Become something of our own." He shrugged, glancing back to Dmitri. "I hope that's what El's doing." He looked down, hoping the world of Seb.