It's alright II

Requested by: VigilanteWh0re

Summary:

After having caught his classmates hanging out behind his back, Todoroki decides to take matters into his won hands, finding it incredibly hard to trust any of them after the incident.

It went well, until it didn't..

Though on which part, nobody knows.

===

Fuyumi had greeted him with a smile, he greeted back. She asked about how it had been going between him and his friends, she didn't seem to realise the hesitation in his voice when he then spoke- "Good". 

She let it go, when he then ran to his room, seemingly not realising the tears streaming down his face.

She heard the door getting slammed shut, but she didn't react on it, instead she began on dinner.

The door closed, and he couldn't believe himself, or the thoughts streaming through his mind- Did it really happen? Or was it something he imagined...

Flashes from his past began playing in his mind, making everything around him that much more vivid-

"You don't need such things as 'friends', they don't do you any good, they're just distractions"

He remembered being about eight years old, and believing in what his father had said. He believed, that his father knew best, and that, that was it. Had he been right though?

About two years later, when he were nine, he had decided to ignore his fathers orders, and had gotten close with a boy from his school. They told each other everything, until everything, was way too much. 

Five days of talking to each other, and the boy had already told the entire school about Shoto's scar. That was when the bullying started.

He learned not to trust anyone that day.

And yet, he still chose to trust someone again. Which was good, if it hadn't been almost six years later. 

The same story repeated, though this time, the boy he had spoken to, had taken a lot longer before betraying his trust- one year, if he hadn't been mistaken. The boy had made him feel so- numb? betrayed? even sad at one point... Todoroki still didn't understand how the boy had been able to break his walls, only to build them up ten times worse.

He knew that the boy hadn't started any rumors, like the prior had, but the thing he did do, were almost worse.

Shoto thought he could trust him. Hell, he even thought that he could trust the other so called 'friends' of his, but they all seemed to turn out the same. Maybe his father had been right, when he had said that; friends were only unnecessary distractions...

...

The classroom was loud as usual, yet he hadn't even entered the door, the sounds being way too loud, even through closed doors. He could feel a sigh leaving his throat, when he thought about facing his classmates. The blurred faces in his mind not helping even the slightest, as laughter could be heard behind the silhouettes of what he thinks is his classmates' faces. Hopefully, this would be the last time, that he would be able to see them..

He slid the door open, thinking that his classmates would ignore him after the little 'reveal' of their hangouts. But boy, how was he wrong. 

The second the door had been opened all the way, silence took over the room, peoples laughter and chatter dying down into nothing, as they all seemed to turn their gazes towards the two toned boy at the door.