Breaking

Requested by: idkilldeletethis

Summary:

Drained, is the only way that he would describe himself now. He's drained physically and mentally, and no matter what he does, nothing seems to help. Everyone reaches a breaking point, but his comes unexpectedly, at a point, where he doesn't know whether to ask for help or do everything himself, like he's been used to for so long.

Growing up in an abusive home is never easy, and even though his life has changed for the better, the clear imprints that the actions has made on him, are still visible, and very noticeable in his mind.

===

Class starts in five minutes, but his brain still hasn't registered that he woke up two hours ago.

His eyes keeps dropping, giving him an unending battle as to keep himself awake. If only he had been able to sleep... if only he were able to sleep every night... 

The chatter of people around him, doesn't do anything against his constantly sleep deprived mind, instead, they only seemed to make him want to sleep even more. If only he could...

His head were placed on his hand, which were propped up on his elbow, as he tried to rest it against the top of his desk, hoping that it would let him stay awake for atleast half of the upcoming lessons, as he tried to take some of the strain off of his mind.

Though, before he knew it, his eyes had closed and when he opened them again, the first thing his eyes were met with, was his teacher who stood upon him.

"Did you sleep well?" Aizawa asked him, as he stood with crossed arms and slightly tapped his right foot on the floor. It really wasn't helping on his pounding head ache at all... Wait. When had Aizawa entered the classroom? Did he really fall asleep...?

"Well?" Aizawa asked again, making him quickly compose himself, as he realised how he were still leaning upon his hand, as his elbow rested on his desk. It was a miracle how his hand hadn't given out at any point...

"Sorry Sir" Was the only thing he could mumble out, as he felt his classmates' eyes on him from every side. Why were they even looking at him? Was it that interesting that he fell asleep?

He could hear Aizawa's sigh from above him, which quickly lead his attention straight back to the teacher. "Try sleeping at night instead, yeah? This is the second time you've slept through one of my lessons" He couldn't really pinpoint whether Aizawa was mad at him or not. He actually just seemed a bit concerned... 

But he were right... he couldn't just keep sleeping through lessons... he'll never become a hero if he does...

"I will" Was the only thing he could choke out, though he knew it was an obvious lie. He hadn't been able to sleep well for awhile now... telling his teacher that he will, won't change anything...

Aizawa looked at him skeptically, as he seemed to think for a moment, only to let pity invade his expression. What did that mean? "Since this is the second time, I have no other choice than to tell your father" 

He couldn't even start to describe how hard his heart fell by that. Tell his father? There couldn't possibly be a worse thing than that... His teacher seemed to see the stress in his expression, and began talking again, trying his best to ease his students' nerves- "You're lucky I'm only telling your father about this, 'cause it's either that, or you'd be expelled"

Aizawa seemed to take pity in him, and he didn't like it at all...

...

One more step was all it took, until he would be able to open the door, and greet whatever or whoever were going to be on the other side. Not that he wanted to take that one step... Taking that step, would mean standing face to face with whoever was on the other side, and the chances of that person being his father, was awfully high.