Best bet

Spoilers from chapter 298

Not mayor spoilers though, and just a fan-made continuation.

Summary:

After the events of; battling Dabi, learning knew discoveries and being hospitalized, Todoroki suddenly gets an anonymous letter in his hospital room, saying something about a meeting place. He knows very well who it belongs to, and decides that confronting the anonymous person would be his best bet.

Though his classmates and teacher, doesn't see it that way.

===

Todoroki remembers very faintly how he woke up, and even what had happened at all, but he knew that whatever happened, hadn't been good. He wouldn't be sitting here, if it hadn't... 

The past never dies!

He remembers a voice calling out to him, sounding hurt and angry all at ones, but he didn't know how to act... he didn't even remember...

Whoever had yelled out, came flying towards him and who he guesses had been his father.

Move!

...

Aww no fun for you huh?

...

Is he alright!?

What do we do?

...

He just needs some rest for now.

...

I'm sorry, but you can't expect to talk with him right away, as his vocal cords has been badly burned.

He remembers that much before passing out, though one thing seemed to be stuck in his mind, one voice, probably the nurses, said something just before it all went dark-

"I found a letter with your name on it, I'll just place it here" 

The image seemed blurry, but he could easily make out where she had pointed. The drawer.

He reached out, hearing all of his bones cracking, as they hadn't been moved for atleast six hours... maybe even more... His right hand reached towards the drawer, only to be instantly returned to his chest, as he felt a painful stinging going all the way from his wrist to his elbow. What the hell had happened?

Shoto looked down, only now realising how his entire arm were wrapped in thick bandages. Out of curiosity, he looked to his other arm aswell, only to get taken aback, as he realised how his left were almost completely identical to his right.

What even happened?

Shrugging it off, he reached out again, this time ignoring the stinging, it being nothing compared to what he used to feel. Though as his hand touched the drawer, a sudden feeling of hesitation ran through him. Why would he even hesitate? What was in that drawer?

The drawer creaked as it was pulled open, only to reveal a white envelope inside, with not as much as a scratch or dent on the outside. Actually it had nothing on the outside, besides the bold letters in red, saying his name, letter for letter 'Shoto Todoroki'. It had no address, or anything for that matter, so he definitely had his doubts about it. 

Had anyone read it before him? They couldn't have.. then it would be open... He grabbed a hold of the letter, before turning it between his fingers, and sure enough, nothing could be seen. He were just about to open it, when a thought crossed his mind-