Undeniable

Requested by: aya_118

Summary:

Every action has an up- and downside, some worse than others. When meeting people, or rather, reuniting with people you once knew, it is important to keep this in mind, especially when you have a past history, that is hard to forget about.

When one meeting between a high school student and his mother goes terribly wrong, who is to stop the situation from escalating? And what will happen, with the once before calm and collected student, who now doesn't seem all like himself?

===

He needed this.... at least, he thinks he does...

After the sports festival, a million thoughts has been flowing through his mind- constantly keeping him on his toes. 

Midoriya had opened his eyes, but was he really ready to see? 

The one sentence, that Midoriya had thrown his way, kept repeating itself through his head- "It's your power, not his!"

If his old man's' power, was indeed different from his own, than so must his mothers be...

That thought alone was what kept him moving, up until now, when he was standing right out in front of his mothers hospital room. He needs to see her... if he's been defying himself all of this time... thinking, and hoping that he wasn't giving his father what he wanted, than he can't even imagine what he lost out on, regarding his mother..

He's known for several years that his mother was in this hospital, yet he never forced himself to visit... he just couldn't. So maybe now hadn't really been the right time to visit either, but sometimes, that little rush of adrenaline you feel before doing something impulsive, is just something you have to act upon, in favor of moving forward... whether that'll be for the best or worse, still remains a mystery in his mind...

One deep breath was all it took, before he had forced his wrist, and opened the sliding door to his mothers room- her frail frame clear, as it was lit up by the dim light coming from the window.

White.

Was all he thought as he stepped in. There was white everywhere... the walls, the floor, the decorations.... he doesn't know how anyone can live under these circumstances... it was awfully light, and he was concerned for a moment, that you could be blinded by it..

"...Mom...?"

He almost didn't trust his voice enough to let it mutter that one word- and even as his mother silently turned her head to face him, did he still not believe that he had said anything at all... She seemed shocked as her eyes landed upon him, but still didn't mutter a word- even as she turned her body towards him as well.

Did she not believe he was here? Or was she just too shocked to say anything?

He contemplated whether walking closer to her would be a wise idea, but as she hadn't answered him yet, he decided against the idea. He wouldn't want to overwhelm her either... "S-Shoto?" 

His name sounded foreign coming from her lips, yet he couldn't help but feel slightly relieved by the fact she hadn't forgotten him.

Maybe he should of hoped for the opposite..

"What- why are you here?" Her eyes were wide and her voice trembled as she spoke. For a moment, he thought it was just surprise- until he realised the utter horror behind her expression. "You- you shouldn't be here... leave..."