Uncurable

Requested by: dazai232323

Summary:

As class A enters the third year of their education, it isn't completely unlikely that you'd have a few missions every now and then, besides the school work. The missions obviously depended on your skills, so if you were good enough, a lot more missions would be sure to roll around.

So when Todoroki suddenly gets send on a secret mission without anyone from his class knowing, and gets back only a lot worse than when he left. It isn't exactly the easiest thing to explain, especially as it turns into a topic far out of his range of explanations.

===

"I don't know how to tell you this, but..." The doctor had said, Shoto still doesn't understand why she decided to hold up, instead of just throwing the news in his face when she had the chance.

"You may not be around anymore, in just a few months.."

The news still shocked him. He hadn't even turned eighteen, yet here he was, getting the news that he was dying.

He had asked for the cause, no other thoughts coming to mind in that state of panic that consumed him. "Your quirk. It seems to have damaged your lungs capacity severely, and I'm afraid that we can't cure it"

He remembers the feeling of hatred that flooded through him, as even his father's stupid quirk keeps haunting him. Why did it have to be his death... 

Can't cure it? He wanted to know why, so he asked. If he were going to die, he may as well ask the questions he never would of thought of before now.

"Lung cancer. Third stage"

It was a few short words, yet they hit deeply. Lung cancer... he were going to die because of this.. because his father absolutely needed him, to have two quirks... because he had the heart to save others..

He wouldn't even be able to save anyone, because the ones he has already saved, are the ones being his downfall.

He still wonders if he would of been able to avoid this outcome, had he chosen not to become a hero in the first place..

...

"I'm fine, really-" He tried to talk, yet his throat betrayed him and made him cough again, this time, just as severely as the others ones. "It's just- Sorry-"

He were really getting tired of this now. Somehow, he couldn't even form a sentence anymore without coughing to the point of blood. Couldn't it atleast of been some more unnoticable signs...

"You're really not fine. You've been coughing like that for about a week now, and it's not healthy" Iida lectured, who had been the one to start this conversation, with Yaoyorozu just besides him. Why did it have to be those two as well...

He hated the lectures, but he hated it more, when he couldn't tell them the truth.

"I'm dying"

That's what he wanted to say, yet no words like that ever left his throat- coughing being the only thing somewhat close to the truth.. How would he even be able to tell his friends that he didn't make it? That he couldn't finish what they had all been working so hard for, for the past three years...

He just didn't have the heart...

"I really think that you should see Recovery Girl, she might be able to at least cure your coughing" Yaoyorozu tried to reason, while Shoto could only think about what he had used the last few weeks on.