ⓣⓗⓘⓡⓣⓨ ⓣⓦⓞ

(just read a comment that made my life 5000X better😶‍🌫️)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        The total travel for Cheryll Paraphone wasn't a hassle, really. She had been used to travel, whenever she wanted to visit his son and his acquaintances for occasions such as the holidays and whatnot.

Of course, the last visit relating to anything like that mentioned above happened 4 years ago.

And don't get me wrong, it's not like Popee hates his mom or anything. She was really supportive when he achieved his doctorate's, despite not providing any information on how he did so. Without knowing it, she probably encouraged his behavior, as long as it made him happier than however Papi took it upon himself to treat him.

Whether that be giving him a kids chemical lab kit that got taken down from stores and markets years ago due to safety reasons, or a new bike that Popee insisted she assemble without the chain brakes for a more "fun" experience, she was set on raising him to be a well child. Whatever that meant, anyway.

She hauled her 2 suitcases through the airport, having just arrived from a hefty 5 hour flight. Marifa had told her that she would meet her there personally, with the "fancy limos" and "pretty dang hunky bodyguards" that she had seen in magazines and television shows. As if it weren't obvious enough, Ms. Paraphone didn't indulge herself too much into the role of being a celebrity's parent.

She held the phone by her right ear, standing by one of the benched areas, keeping note of her luggage and bags.

"....Sweetie, I don't know...am I by the right exit? Did you and your body guards park somewhere else? I..I can't see them-!"

Marifa sighed over the phone, sitting in the backseat of one of the cabs as it sped towards the airport. Sometimes, she wished her mother would be bit more...educated, in terms of travel culture.

"Mom, I already told you, it's Exit 8. Pretty big, has a white arch over it with two blue stripes, it's not that hard to see it.."

"I know, I know, my peepers just aren't working as well as they used to..."

She took a brief moment to adjust her glasses, which were for reading, before putting them back on. She was sort of devastated that her eyesight had deteriorated like that so quickly, as she was only 65, but she was at the very least grateful that it wasn't serious.

"I...I think I'm at the right gate, honey. I just wanted to make sure."

"Good. I'll be there soon, we're just experiencing some..traffic-"

Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the sudden lineage of cars similar to hers, parked about a street down from the Exit's opening. She lowered the phone, glaring back inside at the driver, who seemed a bit panicked as well. They knew they could be easily fired for something like this, and by just his luck, it actually happened. A nervous sweat rolled down his left cheek, as if he could feel Marifa's penetrating glare.

"Mavis, what the hell-?? We were supposed to have a reserved area, right in front of Exit 8!"

The driver clutched the wheel oddly, intimidated.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but with the route we took, we must've got here later than expected-"

"LATE? LATE, MY ASS."

"Ma'am-"

"I paid the damn place EXTRA, just to make sure something like this wouldn't happen, and you mean to tell me we're late?"

"I can try to contact their customer service agency to get a refu-"

"NO. I don't need you to do anything but shut your mouth and drive."

"You can forget about that driver's bonus. After today, you're fired!"

The driver's most feared words had just emerged from her mouth, causing him to turn around a bit.

"No, please! Anything! You can keep the check, just please-"

"Fired."

"The driver sulked a bit in his seat, silently driving up to the gate after approximately 15 minutes, 15 minutes later than Marifa anticipated.

God, he hated that spoiled brat. But he was sort of expecting it, working for a celebrity like that.

His 4 year streak of working for her had come to an end.

After a few moments, a faint voice on her phone had peeked back up, causing her look at it.

Her eyes widened.

"Sweetie, are you still there? I still can't see you or your cars. Is something going on?"

She raised the phone back to her face, a neutral expression present on it.

"Just a minor delay. We're pulling up now."

"Ah, great, I can't wait to see yo-"

She hung up the phone.

She really wasn't in the mood she desired to be in now. She didn't necessarily feel bad about hanging up, either. She could always just say that her mother's ear had accidentally pressed the "End Call" button on her phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Darling-!"

She engulfed her only daughter in what seemed to be the world's most....deathly affectionate hug. 

Marifa pretending to tolerate it, trying to not to act as if her ribs weren't getting shattered, which would result in her making "skinny" jokes.

Finally letting go, she stared at her, really taking in the fact that she hasn't seen her in 2 years. 2 and a half years, if you really wanted to get meticulous here.

"Gosh, I almost didn't recognize you, 'Rifa!"

She crossed her arms, trying to detect if she was being serious or not.

"I've only grown a few inches and cut my hair."

She pinched her cheek, cooing.

"Oh, but it's such a good look, that bob of yours. Nice to know you're taking after your mama like that."

Cheryll patted her daughter's head with no reguards of the fact that it took around two hours to do it. Of course, she couldn't let that anger out.

Marifa internally shuttered, as she dreaded the thought of looking like that at 65.

"Now, where's that other blonde bear of mine, huh?"

She looked around her, as if she expected Popee to pop out of Marifa's back, somehow.

Knowing damn well Marifa didn't take the chance to call him and invite to see this, which probably might've been a better set-up, she quickly came up with something to cover.

"Oh, he had to do a morning shift, you know how he is."

Ms. Paraphone sighed, rubbing her temples.

"Ay, that boy and his work. He'll work his arms and pigtails off at this rate-"

Marifa quickly interjected, wanting to speed things along.

"E-Exactly! Which is why I invited you over. All expenses paid, so there's nothing to worry about."

She swooned a bit, letting out a dramatic "Awww", and putting a arm on Marifa's left shoulder.

"Oh, honey, that's so sweet of you."

She smiled back at her, grabbing that hand, and slowly moving it off.

"No need to thank me, Mom. This is all for some quality bonding time."

"Of course, of course, I completely understand. We never let a Paraphone fall-!"

She nodded, agreeing.

"Mhm."

And with that, their conversation carried on, even into the car as they set for Marifa's prized and carefully built villa.