ⓣⓗⓘⓡⓣⓨ ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

(art by me)

He groaned in fear, wondering what he was just roped into, as he clocked out of shift, courtesy of Cheryl Paraphone, and dragged out the place.

....

Meanwhile, Olive sat down on the bed, wondering what was taking him so long. It wasn't that far of a journey, as far as she knew.

Her stomach rumbled, as she looked at the door, expecting him to open the door with the bag of food any minute now.

----‐------------‐-------‐‐-----------‐-‐--‐‐------------------

She sat there, glancing at the door every now and then. Where was he? She thought about pressing the assistance button a couple of times, seeing if he'd respond.  No, maybe she didn't want to seem annoying.

...

Popee sat in the middle seat of the already crowded limousine, staring so hard at the back of the seat ahead of him. He had a genuine look of confusion, as his fingers laid intertwined together, view slowly dropping. He could barely comprehend a word Marifa was saying to him. It was all muffled, if I had to be honest.

She snapped her fingers near his right ear, her newly polished and trimmed nails only increasing the volume.

"Hey!"

She crossed her arms, staring at him like he had 4 ears. Not anymore, anyways.

"Are you even listening?"

Well, at the very least he heard that. He nodded slowly, muttering.

"Uh-huh."

Her eyebrows furrowed.

She tried to pinch his right cheek, seeing as it was closer. God, where were her sense of boundaries?

He caught it, mid-swing, looking at her.

She shifted backwards, eying him.

"What's your problem?"

He glared at her.

"What's your problem? I told you, stop wasting money and bringing limos to the clinic, you're not-"

She smiled a bit, waving her hand, as if to clear the psychical strain around them.

"But it was important!" She loosened her hand from his.

"Are you not going to acknowledge your mother in the car, or....?"

She rubbed his back, trying to console him.

"There's no reason to be so mad, now is there?"

If only she'd knew. He couldn't help but think about how this is not, the what, 2nd or 3rd time he's left like that? Why is it, that there always must be something in the way between them? It's not even himself that's doing it this time. 

I think.

Either way, 

"Hello?"

She stared at him.

"Oh, come on, you are literally getting a break from work??"

He didn't answer.

"Sometimes I just don't understand you.."

After another forced period of silence, his mother finally waited until the car stopped at a red light to at least, try to put some sunshine in his heart.

"Are you really going to work yourself to death like that?"

He looked at her, turning his neck. 

She softened his voice, feeling one of his side bangs.