ⓣⓦⓔⓝⓣⓨ ⓢⓘⓧ

If Kedamono came in with Olive at the same moment, then he's been here all this time!

Pavol promises herself that when morning came, she would go and find him.

She felt upset at her herself for not deciding to do earlier.

But hey, at least she had something to look forward to, in...

She looked the at the clock to her right.

Seven hours.

• • •

One in the the morning.

Pavol takes a small sip of her now cold tea, realizing it's cold and leaves it alone, in somewhat disgust.

Two in the morning.

Pavol spins her wheeling chair around to face a file cabinet, taking out some papers, staring to do paperwork., to hopefully distract herself from the almost immobile clock.

Three in the morning. 

Pavol gets up, starting some rounds, to get herself prepared for nighttime nursing tasks, walking the hallway. Not her most favorite part, but hey, what had to get done, had to get done. First the beginning 3 floors. She brushed her sandy hands across the strangely bumpier walls, looking from left to right occasionally. It's too quiet for her. It's like the silence pokes knives at her brain, refusing to let her think. Finally making her way towards the hallway to reach the elevator ports, she stops midway, thinking that she heard something. Footsteps or not, it's not her business, and she's seen too many horror films to stupidly go and investigate, defenseless.

Heading into the elevator after calming waiting for it, she wasn't really looking forward to the fourth floor. With the large orange envelope she held in her right hand to place on his desk, her eyebrows furrowed anxiously. Pavol thought back to the confrontation she had with her coworker Gridette in the Inco section, many hours earlier.

• • •

"Hey, Pavol, did you deliver the deadline papers to him?"

"..No..?"

"Pavol!" They laugh.

"You cant keep pushing it back. Mr. Masuda will want to ask you what's up."

Pavol sighed, clutching the tray she had at the moment.

"Believe me, I know that. I'm just not sure how to..do that."

"To deliver it? What's so hard about that?"

Pavol contemplated on whether or not she should tell them, even if she had some sort of grasp on the situation at hand. Also, she wasn't sure if Gridette would believe the story, so many things happened in the span of about a week.

Pavol closed her eyes, laughing it off.

"It's a...long story."

Her coworker tried to see past the nervous banter, squinting their eyes a bit.

"..If you say so, Pavol.."

...

The elevator came to a thud, ceased, Pavol thankful. The other, not so much.

"Well..this is my stop. See you around for lunch, okay? And don't forget about the papers!"

"Haha, alright. Bye."