A different prospective

Avinash POV

I showered and changed into a formal navy blue shirt with grey check pairing it with my black custom tailored trousers. I enter my shoe- closet as my eyes land on a pair of textured black leather shoes with a small square on the lateral side with two green stripes and a red in the middle and a logo of Gucci resting in the center of the small square.

"Hello, Love..." I say and change out of my Balenciaga slippers into socks and those prized shoes before looking at myself in the mirror cuffing my links.

"Dressed to f..." I pause as a vile smile adorns my face.

"Impress..." I tell myself as a beauty with big brown orbs pops into my head and Big Nash was in no mood for anyone else.

Last night was the first time since my college time that I actually... talked to a girl. I don't know what it was about her that, wanted me to give her company.

I knew her douche ex-husband as he was still rotting in his jail cell and I felt like... being different. I would have disagreed to hang out with her, the moment she said that she wasn't interested in sex but I felt like showing her that not every man in this world is an asshole.

Even though I am an asshole.

I set my hair in a just out of bed, still slightly not casual but office look and walked down to Ambar's car. I started it and drove to his in-laws house honking loudly waiting for him outside and then give him a call as he picks up on the third ring.

"I'm having breakfast, come in and have some." Ambar said not caring about greetings as I park the car on the side of the road and walk in.

"Do not eat any chocolates, no matter whose birthday it is. You know what the dentist said." Sabina said walking out in a mauve jumpsuit with a small school bag and her handbag in one arm and holding to her son's hand. Her Burberry shades rested on her nose, avoiding the sharp sun behind me.

"Or you can have fun... You'll still be breaking these teeth when you turn 6-7 and new ones will be there. You can start avoiding chocolates for your permanent teeth." I say as she looks at me shocked and her lips contort in a warning line.

She was still hung over and partially irritated, and didn't want me to make it worse.

"Who are you?" Danish asks, with his eyes the color of grey and green unlike his mother, but somewhat like his dad (Obviously I remember the bastard who I beat up for confession) with the pink full lips and a sharp nose like his mother.

"Hi, I'm Avinash. I am a friend of your m..." I was about to answer when his mother cut me off.

"Ambar. He is Ambar mausa's friend. And Avinash, that's not how cavities work. They can lay in your gums and destroy your deciduous and permanent set of teeth. So, I suggest you don't give my son inaccurate information." She says as I nod.

"Mommy knows better." I say ruffling the little ones hair as it seemed like she didn't want last night to be stored in either of our memories.

"Is that Aalo ke paranthe? And Oh my god... Missi roti... Pudhine ki chutney?" I say entering Ambar's in-laws house and touching the feet of his father-in-law and mother-in-law taking their blessings.

"Sir..." I also saluted his father-in-law in order of him being a retired senior officer.

"Oh please... I retired a while ago... Come sit and eat." He says as I chuckle.

"You don't have to ask me twice for homemade food." I say as Ambar's MIL, puts a hand on my head.

"See, Ambar was not willing to invite you. He was ready to leave without finishing his food, so I told him to invite you. But if you like homemade food so much, you can come anytime." His mother-in-law who looked a woman with an equal amount of grey and black hair somewhere in her late 50's or early 60's says as I smile. She had wrinkles that told the journey of decades of experience.

His father-in-law looked like a serious man, who had an immaculate service of 40 years on paper, before retiring at 60 almost 10 years ago. His bald head, and easy demeanor didn't make me feel unwelcome for one moment.

"Thank you aunty." I say as she loads my plate with a lot of food.

"Oh no, I'll be sleepy at work." I say trying to stop her as she shakes her head.

"No, you won't be. Have tea with your parantha." She says as I smile looking at her.

Yes, I have mommy issues but Ambar's mom has always been loving towards me and it still took her years to be this comfortable with me, but this woman saw me and decided I was her son. She looked like love, affection and motherhood all wrapped in one.

"You're staring at my wife." His FIL says as I shake my head.

"Umm... Sorry... I just..." I say and focus on the plate of food.

"Oh, she's here." Ambar looks up from his food and I look at him shocked.

"Who?" I ask.

"Samayra..." he says as a car is heard, being parked inside the house and I hear a car door open and shut as his wife walks inside.

"What are you doing here?" she asks looking at her husband as I sat there confused.

"Why were you here last night, if your wife wasn't here?" I ask my friend as he rolls his eyes at me, and looks at his wife.

"We need to talk." He says as she shrugs.

"Yeah, but not now. I have a hangover and I'm already late for work. I'll get dressed and go to the clinic. We'll talk in the evening." she says waving her hand as if to send him away.

"See you at home." He says as she shakes her head.

"This is my home." She says going to climb up the stairs.

"Samayra, you can't leave your in-laws house at every minor disagreement we have." He says getting up from the dining room chair as his mother-in-law speaks.

"Sammy, call the clinic and tell them you'll be late. Ambar, go upstairs and talk to her." His father-in-law says as Samayra shakes her head.

"HE WASN"T ASKING. GO UPSTAIRS NOW." Samayra's mother says in a warning tone and she huffs walking upstairs as Ambar finishes his glass of lassi and walks upstairs.

"You eat, son." She tells me tapping my shoulder and putting more butter in my plate, as if I had stopped eating in the chaos.

++++++++++++

They both walked down after over half an hour, still looking upset as I finished the last sip of my tea.

"Let's go, Avi." Ambar says as I nod and turn to look at his mother-in-law.

"Thank you so much, aunty. The food was delicious."

"You can come here anytime, son." She says taking me in a hug and I nod and touch his father-in-law's feet.

"Okay Uncle."

"See you beta." He says as I was about to leave and then turn to look at aunty.

"Aunty can I give you my number and you can call me if you make Rajma Chawal, Please." I say as Ambar huffs and walks out towards his car.

"Sure, beta... Or I'll make it at dinner tonight."

"No, please don't make it specially for me, I'll feel like I burdened you... just... call me if you make it." I say as she nods. I take her phone from the maid and put my number before leaving.

"My mom makes good Rajma Chawal too..." Ambar says sitting in the car with me as he drives to the headquarter where my bike was parked.

"It's not the Rajma Chawal, I'm after." I whisper to myself as he looks at me frowning.

"What?" he says as I shrug.

"Just... a drug deal I need to run through Jeet... He's solved something like this in his days and I couldn't talk about it today since... you and Samayra..." I say as he nods, with a look in his eyes that says 'I don't believe you, but okay'.