12. Limits

I drive towards my house as a cramp tugs at my belly, while Avinash was on his phone searching for a song.

I never thought I would feel someone inside me, long after he has left my body. My belly has a wierd sense of satisfaction and my core a little too sore from his plus sized member.

"FUCKK." He groaned as I turn to look at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask as he pursues his lips together in an inaudible groan with his eyes shut.

"Avinash?" I ask parking the car on the side and keeping my hand on his shoulder as he shows me his phone.

I look at the open pdf document reading the Bold line.

Subject – Transfer Orders for SSP Ambar Singh

My brows furrow as I read in the body of the letter as it might decide the fate of my sister's already troubled relation. The place he was posted at is 550 kilometers from our present city as I turn to look at Avinash.

"What happened? Didn't he get it cancelled or something? I knew when they said he could either chose field job or stay in this city? What changed?" I ask as he shrugs.

"There is this criminal case going on. It's a statewide run network of drugs, illegal money and stealing of some historical important diamonds. We located it's hub somewhere around that area and... No... but He's not that foolish. He's on very thin ice with Samayra. She needs him and he knows that." he says genuinely concerned for his friend and my sister.

My phone rings as I look at the caller ID.

"It's her."

"Tell her, we'll be there soon and let Ambar tell her about... this... This is not our place." he says as I nod and do as suggested.

+++++

I park inside the garage as Avinash leans in a small peck on the side of my forehead before getting out.

I sat in the car for a few minutes taking deep breaths. This house does not need another daughter's failed marriage but I cannot interfere here. Avinash is right, this is not my place. I picked up my bag and walked inside as mom was talking with Avinash.

"I made Rajma Chawal for you and you chose to have Pasta for lunch. You kids have no respect for your bodies. Eating maida all the time. Pizza's base, Pasta and what not..." she scolds him as I pursue my lips to avoid breaking into laughter.

"She suggested it and since she went to see the plot as a favor to me, I had to treat her for lunch." He says shifting the blame to me.

"I did not." I say as Avinash looks at me with a conniving smile.

"Hawww... You shouldn't lie to your mother... and a mother as nice as Naina aunty... That is pure evil, Sabina." He says as I roll my eyes.

"You're such a drama queen." I say.

"Sabina, that's not how we talk to guests." She says as I shake my head.

Indian parents, I tell you. They will always trust a stranger over a kid they themselves raised.

I hear a car park outside and recognize the voice to be Samayra's familiar Wrangler. She enters with a smile on her face as I take another deep breath. I can't tell her. I make eye-contact with Avinash as he nods and Samayra walks upstairs. He looks on his phone and starts typing as I feel my phone vibrate in my handbag and open to check it.

{Let me to talk to him first.} the text read as I send a Thumbs up and he walks towards the Gazebo outside where my dad sat.

"Aunty, Can I get some leftover Rajma Chawal with the yummy Cardamom tea that I can smell?" he says as I shake my head at his carefree nature as my mom nods happy to feed someone.

++++++

The next day I was immersed in my laptop working on a few designs for his dream home with music amped up on my Bluetooth speaker as my mom called out to me from downstairs.

"Coming mom." I say wearing my slippers and tying my hair in a messy bun, pulling my sweatshirt down and adjusting my warm furry shorts before walking out.

I stepped down from the last stair and looked at Avinash sitting on the couch opposite my father.

"Sabina, child sit." My dad says with a dead serious note in his voice.

"Everything okay? Where's Danish?" I say looking at the time.

"He had taekwondo practice and he should be in his school for another hour." I add as Avinash gets up and takes my hand.

"Danish is fine. I checked and I have policemen outside his school." He says as my brows furrow.

"Why?"

"His father was released on bail, 3 days ago." He says as my mouth falls wide open as I fall back on the couch.

"But who posted his bail? His parents didn't want to spend another penny on..." I was saying as his eyes told me there was another bad news.

"Your ex-employer." My father says as I put both my hands on my forehead unable to think.

"Mr.Rai?" I whisper ask as Avinash nods.

"Now what?" my mother asks as Avinash exhales heavily.

"Legally we can do nothing, except of course providing security to you and Danish. Best case scenario, Rai wants Karan to vouch for him in court against you in the harassment case. He can give a false testimony about your erratic behavior or something and get out easily in the case." He says as I shake my head.

"Worst case scenario?" I ask as he sits back on the couch.

"The security will be of use." He says.

"I had told a sub-ordinate to get a file on Karan the day you showed up at the precinct, but then you told me the whole story and we got involved with this case. He got the file the very next day but I was out for a case and didn't go to my cabin until today... and then... I..." he says as I nod.

"Atleast we have a warning."