Expectations?

I sat in my room, as I heard Ambar's mustang drive in. I knew my son was here, and I knew I couldn't be weak in front of him. I walked downstairs as mom and dad were still discussing what was the right course of action in what had happened. Should we punish him, or make him pay for his actions.

I knew how much Rai loved money and I knew how much it would hurt if he had to give ME, out of everyone a good amount of money.

"Mommyyy..." he shouted as I turned to look at him, being carried by Avinash with an ice cream in his hands and ice cream on the tip of his nose and a cream moustache.

"Oh... Danish." I say and look at Avinash.

"Someone finished my tissues." He says refering to my embarrassing crying episode and shrugs as I shake my head and extend my arms to take him into mine.

"No..." he said as my mouth fell open.

"Danny?" I say in a half scolding mood as his shoulders lift up and down thrice.

"You'll take me and then make me walk. I want to stay here." He says turning his face away from me as Ambar chuckles.

"Didn't you hate kids?" he says walking in and looking at Avinash.

"I said, I hate having kids of my own... Not others kids... they're cute. You can spoil them and have fun without worrying about turning them into spoiled little brats." He says as I laugh.

"You're not turning my son into a spoiled little brat." I say warning him as he laughs.

"Too late." He says and I shake my head going in.

"Ambar, dad wants to... discuss stuff with you..." I say not giving details infront of my son as he understands nodding and walks ahead.

"So, now what?" Avinash asks.

"Now what?" I ask confused.

"You left the job so, thought of anything?" he says as Danish finishes his icecream and runs away to throw the wrapper and I nod.

"I want to freelance. Something of my own. Be my own boss. It's been on my mind for a while now but Danish was so small and I preferred a stable source of income at that point, especially after everything with his dad."

"So, you need an office or would you prefer to work here?" He says taking genuine interest.

"Not here that's for sure. Mom will feed paranthas to every client as Dad talks politics and history. So, yeah I need a workplace. Something small I guess." I say as he nods.

"My apartment building has a sublet which has a lot of workspaces on lease. If you want, I can see. It's a developing area." He says as I nod.

"I could look into it."

"You designed this house right?" he asks after a short pause as I nod.

"I might have your first project as a free lancer then." He says as I turn to look at him.

"What is that?"

"My dreamhouse." He says as I chuckle.

"Where, in your brain?" I ask.

"I have a 800 square yards plot in the suburb. We can go look at the location tomorrow." He says.

"You're serious?" I ask.

"Yes... My mom... she left me... money... from divorce settlement. She never spend anything... I have a good budget and I have plans. I can give you a run down." He says as I stare at him half shocked, half surprised.

"I would love to design your dreamhouse. Tomorrow is fine." I say as he chuckles.

"And we can have sex in the backseat." He adds, just trying to make fun and not even serious about it from his tone.

"Hahhaha... Very funny." I say sarcastically as he takes out his phone and opens a pdf showing it to me.

"What is it?"

"I got tested for STD's 4 days ago and haven't as much as touched a woman... or man..." he says as I frown. Something about this made me feel special, but isn't this how everything starts. Feeling special?

"Oh... You might be getting the wrong idea here... I... that... No... I don't do hook ups" I say trying to control my ragged breathing, as he squints.

"You woke up that morning, and for a moment considered that something had happened between us and that didn't bother you?" he asks as I squeeze my thighs tightly at the thought of being in bed with him half-naked.

"Because we were drunk... People do stupid things when they are drunk." I answer as he takes a step closer looking into my eyes. I tried to step back from the trance but it was like he had a spell on me.

"Have you done stupid things, Sabina?" he says, his voice hoarse and wanton as I shake my head in disagreement.

"Do you want to?" he asks bending down to whisper in my ear as a shiver runs down my spine by the sole feeling of his lips hovering near my earlobe.

I gulp on my saliva before shaking my head in another 'No' as he chuckles taking a step back.

"You're a bad liar." He says walking towards the main door.

"I can't do this." I say as he turns to look at me.

"Do what?" he asks half amused.

"Relationships... Expectations... Getting hurt... It's not for me. So it's better if you..." I say as he walks back to me and whispers in my ear in his voice reflecting lust.

"Oh, Believe me... I don't do relationships and expectations and I surely don't hurt... I just fuck... and I fuck hard." He says as I put my hand on his chest collecting strength and push him away.

"Mom's waiting for Lunch and you need to return to the precinct after lunch break." I say walking away towards my son as he stood there for a minute or two and then walked inside.

I took Danish upstairs and cleaned him up, changed his clothes before bringing him down for lunch as Ambar and Avinash were just leaving.

"Take care, Sabina." Ambar says and I nod.

"Tell me whatever your final decision is." Avinash adds as I frown. Did he just say that in front of the entire family?

"Regarding the lawsuit. And send your lawyer in soon." He says as I nod as Jeet gets up talking legal stuff to them as I make Danish sit and put lunch onto his plate.