13. Trap

Avinash POV

I sat in my office working on the paperwork of a case at the end of office hours as my phone rings. I look at it to be Ambar's number.

"Hey bro, Wassup?" I ask as he huffs.

"Can you stop by my office on your way home?" he says, with his tone serious.

"Yeah... I've been meaning to talk to you as well. See you in 10." I say as he disconnected. I kept my phone and worked for 3-4 more minutes and then closed the file, picking up my bike keys to leave.

+++++++++++

I entered the premise of his office and noticed Samayra's Wrangler parked outside.
Fuk, I'm not being trapped between the couple's dispute.

Ambar must have told Samayra about the transfer and she must be really upset.

But I'm a good friend.

Imagine if Samayra killed Ambar in cold blooded rage.

Should I report her or should I help her clean the crime scene, since this was Ambar's fault.

I park my bike, and walk out as the guard salutes me. I nod and go to knock on Ambar's door.

"Come in." he says as I walk in and notice Samayra sitting on the grey couch on the opposite side of his cabin with his head between his hands.

"Hello Ambar, Samayra... How are we today?" I ask trying to sense the tension.

"How should we be?" Samayra said in a tone of fury.

She knows.

"So, you told her?" I ask.

"No, she told me." Ambar answers.

"Oh... And she's... not happy?" I ask trying to sense why I was called.

"How could you do this, Avi? To your best friend? I've never stopped you from your ways, but that doesn't mean that you can..."

"What did I do?" I say puzzled. Did I send an application for transfer of my senior or any complaint? No, I didn't. I didn't do anything. Was it someone from my office? Why are they blaming me?

"Fuked my sister..." Samayra says getting up as my eyes widened.

"She had just recovered. She had just started being happy again. Now, you are using her as your toy and when you'll be done with her, she'll be heartbroken all over again." she says.

"Hold on, So that's what this is about?" I ask.

"What did you think?" Ambar asked.

"Your transfer?" I ask.

"Oh yeah... Ofcourse they'd CC you on the mail. Yeah, we needed that."

"We? You both want this?" I ask.

"She's the one who suggested. We want a change of pace and away from our families for a while." He says as my mouth opens wide.

"That's not the point." Samayra says.

"The point is that my friendship means absolutely nothing to you." Ambar says increasing his voice again, as Samayra rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, Ambar's feelings are more important than my heartbroken sister facing betrayal again." She says as I huff.

"Look, Sabina is a consenting adult. She knows what she's getting into. She's not a small child and doesn't need you to defend her." I say and look at Ambar.

"You're friendship means a lot to me. You're a brother and not just a friend. I would never do anything disrespectful towards Sabina." I say as Samayra nods.

"Good, I needed to hear that... Now we can go. We have so much packing to do." She says as Ambar frowns.

"That's it?" he asks.

"I'll deal with him if he causes any harm to my sister. But I kinda trust him." She says and looks at me.

"Don't tell Sabina that I know." She says as I frown.

"Wait... You haven't told her... I could have just said that I didn't fuk her... But I thought she confessed."

"There's a reason I'm your senior." Ambar says patting my back and leaves with his wife as I stood there startled.

Fuucckkkk

Sabina will kill me, for falling into this trap. She'll kill me if she realizes that I was the one that admitted to sleeping with her.

My phone vibrates in my pocket as I take it out and look at the text.

{I made a few draft sketches of the outline, please stop by the office and tell me which direction to proceed with.}

I smiled at Sabina's text and take a deep breath. In the past over 20 days, we met here and there 3-4 times, and she even snuck out of her house again. She finally rented an office a week ago and is working on my house and one smaller project of an eatery.

I press her name and dial the number.

"Hey." She says in a tired voice.

"You shouldn't be working late." I tell her reminding her of her still free ex-husband and ex-boss.

"You, dad and Ambar have me surrounded with cameras and trackers. Can you please stop now? Let me just live for a while." She says as I chuckle.

"Drinks?"

"There's a tracker on my phone and..." she goes to complain.

"We can leave your phone in the car in the basement of your office, I'll pick you up and drop you back safely." I say as she nods.

"That seems like a good plan." She says as I smile and pick up my jacket walking out of the precinct to pick her up. I reach her building and took the lift to her floor as my sixth sense starts acting weird before the elevator could close.

I put my hand, stopping the automatic sensor door and walk out to look around. I look at the Ritz parked nearby which had entered the basement with me. Now, it was empty. I'm sure someone came in it, but why did he/she hide on noticing me. There was no other exit, so where did the driver go?

I call Sabina as she answers on the first ring.

"You're late." She complains as I felt myself relax on hearing her voice.

"Keep the door shut until I tell you on the phone to open the door." I say and memorize the plate number of the Ritz keeping the phone glued to my ear as I take the elevator and walk towards her office door.

"Why? Is everything okay?" she asks as I decide to change the topic towards a much less desired one.

"Saving you from unnecessary pranksters." I say as she groans.

"Stop talking in puzzles. What's wrong?" she asks as I walk to her door and knock.

"Open it." I say as I hear footsteps followed by the unlocking of door.

"It's an office, not an apartment. You and dad have made me close the door to..." she was saying as I put my lips on hers, and my arms around her picking her up in my arms.

"Ummm..." she moaned parting her lips, as I shove my tongue inside her mouth, her fingers tugging at my curls.

"Do...*peck* do you... *kiss* have condoms here... *another kiss on the lips*" I ask unable to let the taste of her savory lips leave mine as she nods and points towards a drawer.