Chapter 10: Last Day

My sleep was pleasant. It was peaceful and quiet. Not until I heard my alarm clock ringing and broke the silence around my room.

I wasn't supposed to get up that early yet, but when I saw the sunlight out the window; I realized it was already morning.

I looked at my alarm and read the time "7:00" I'm almost late for school.

Again.

School usually starts at 7:30 and because of our chaotic teacher, we are required to go there by 7:15, saying that we need to be punctual. They also add all the time that being fifteen minutes early is important, especially as first year college students.

And I don't get the fact that they require us to do that while they always are late for our class.

Yeah, stupid.

I rushed to the bathroom and took a quick bath with the cold water. I forgot to use the heater so I ended up suffering with that amount of liquid I used to clean myself.

I can barely imagine what happened last night.

Oh, last night... I was left at home after my mom and dad went to a date. I begged them so much because I wanted to come with them. But they said they didn't need a chaperone anymore.

Now I wish I can be a child again. When I was young, they take me to their dates. After taking a bath, I brushed my teeth and grabbed my bags without even checking if my stuff are there already.

I don't have to.

I didn't put out any material from it nor added any. I just dropped it on my bed when I got home and did nothing but sleep next to it out of tiredness.

But who cares if their bag is complete?

Today is the last day of school.

Summer is finally coming.

And yes, summer means one person will come around.

VEN!

Ven is arriving today.

Yesterday, we were chatting each other on Instagram and he told me their flight was booked for today.

I am excited but at the same time, I want to keep my distance from him. Every year, he becomes cuter.

And it becomes harder for me to hide my feelings for him. I loved him ever since I was six and no one knew about it.

And I planned it all out this time.

I want to talk to him and not be rude or anything. But I want to lessen it. As much as possible, I don't want to end up falling into his arms. He's in third year of college now and is about to graduate next year.

But he's still single. That's why his family teases him most of the time.

I'm still quietly hoping that it would be me in the end to hold a bouquet of flowers and walk on a red carpet wearing a white gown, approaching him.

Though I know the possibility is not even half of how I want it to be.

Through the years, we became close friends. This time, I want things to be different. He always looked at me like his best friend. Sometimes his younger sister is next to him and his three older sisters.

But I want him to look at me like a woman. Someone he can date, someone he can love.

The way I love him.

I smiled at the mirror and popped my lips tinted with a small amount of pink lipstick. I went down the stairs and waved goodbye to my mom and dad. They said a lot of things but I couldn't hear any of them.

I don't have to.

I have already memorized those words.

I went inside my car and started it. My uncle bought me this last year when I bagged the valedictory award in our school as a senior high school graduate.

Ever since I was a kid, he always craved for awards for me to bag. I remember how many times he signed me up for tutorial classes and how many extracurricilar activities I joined because he wanted me to.

But it's honestly okay with me. Because I love the rewards I get from him anyway. Perks of having a rich author uncle.

I smiled thinking of it.

My uncle love me so much.

He treated me like his own child.

And now, he's in his mid 40's but still hasn't got a wife. Never even dated. But I guess it's normal for introverts like him.

This is finally the last day of first-year college.

I'm so excited to see Ven after a year. I wonder what his reaction would be when I tell him I got a GPA of 5 this time.

Because he's smarter than me, but he never got that.

Aside from that, I want to spend a summer of no regrets with him. Because from the past few ones, there's always this one experience I regret and wish never existed.

I parked my car and went outside. "Hi!" I waved at Sofia as she approached me. I smiled.

"Ready for the last day?" I asked.

"Ready for summer!" She flipped her hair and we began walking.

I know this would be great.

But the world has no certainty.

So I should try my best to be sure of what I'm holding on to.

We sat on the chairs in our classroom.

Finally, we're leaving this place, all the bad memories, and the toxicity of our teachers behind.

I've waited so long for this semester to end.

Because sooner, I will finally have a school life better than this.

I took a deep breath as I scattered my eyes around.

This is it.

I know it won't be completely a series of relaxation because I signed up for summer class which will bother me but I don't care. It can still be good and enjoyable.

Out of nowhere, I heard one of the guys in our room scream, "party in my house tonight in celebration of our last day!!!" And everyone cheered up next to him.

I only clapped my hands and smiled a little.

Oh no.

Another party.

I don't know if I will come.

Probably yes, probably not.

Whatever.