Chapter 22: Bean Leaf

I sat down on one of the chairs and he sat in front of me, taking the seat towards mine. The summer breeze hit on me although the air conditioner was on.

The aroma of the coffee got me going crazy. I've missed this place. I really did. I remember going here most of the time when I was in high school to make my projects and work on some of my assignments.

Sometimes even with my uncle Jerry or with my classmates to hang out. But ever since the day that I entered college, I stopped visiting this place.

But I'm glad that because of Ven, I'm back here.

"What do you like?" He asked me while looking at the huge TV screen above plastered with the menu. Seems like, within these months that I haven't been here, they have changed a lot. They added a lot of new mixes and new drinks.

As well as some snacks, dishes, a few promos, and some new styles for the shop. I really missed it here. "Umm, one Red Velvet + CC mix," it's been one of my favorite drinks ever since the first time that I tried it in here. It's a mixture of Red Velvet and Cookies n' Cream milk tea. Together with Oreo toppings and pearls of course.

That is what makes a good milk tea. It finishes everything up.

He just nodded and then proceeded to the counter next to us, I had no idea about what he said to the girl assisting him with his orders because I was too busy looking out the window and staring at every car passing by and every people walking around as well as the ones entering here.

Until Ven sat back in his seat and asked me, "What are you staring at?"

I quickly responded and held my attention all to him, "nothing," then I smiled. He nodded again and placed his veiny hands on the table. He looks really cute when he nods. And very gentlemanly with his pose right now.

As if he's that kind of a hot mafia boss in movies. "Tell me the truth, Ven." He then looked at me again and frowned. One more time, he nodded. "Sure, what's the matter?" I flipped my hair and looked directly into his deep eyes.

They look like they're telling me, don't worry, darling, you can ask me anything you want. Just go ahead. Exactly the same as what he said.

"What has gotten into you to take me here and treat me with a milk tea?" He almost choked as he was laughing so darn hard at my question when it wasn't even funny. But I'm quite grateful that I asked him that because when he made fun of it by laughing, he looked so freaking cute.

When he finally stopped, he looked into my eyes again, controlling himself not to laugh. "Look, nothing did, okay? It was just that I actually wanted to take you here because I missed you," he frowned when he realized what he had said.

"I mean... I have missed this place." God, I wish he didn't take that one back or replaced it with a different word. It was almost perfect as I wanted it to be. Did he mean it? Or it was really just an accident that he said that? I wish he meant it. "Why treat me then?" He frowned again, and whispered, "because... I want to," I half closed my eyes in disbelief as the barista shouted, "one Red Velvet + CC, one Taro, and two egg pies for Mr. Ven."

We both looked at her and then he stood up to grab the tray where all our orders were placed.

I saw how he tried his best to be careful not to make a mess by slowly carrying it. And there, he successfully placed them on our table.

Glad that he didn't make any mistakes. I tried to still come up with our topic earlier as I was trying to remove the straw from its plastic. "Are you sure this isn't a prank? Or something like an act of asking for a favor? Perhaps you want to confess one embarrassing thing you did. Hold up... does this mean you want something in return?"

I was talking too much that I didn't even notice that he was already sipping on his milk tea. While I was stuck there asking him some random sort of questions.

And there he went again, laughing so hard as he almost cried and even could have spat out what he had in his mouth in front of me. For the last time, I'm not trying to make him laugh. I'm serious as hell right now. He pressed his mouth to stop himself from laughing.

Although he couldn't replace the smile displayed on his face.

"What? Do I look like I'm pranking you? Or that I'm asking you a favor? Or that I want to tell you about an embarrassing moment in my life? Or do I want something in return?" I nodded and he frowned as he continued. "First of all, Jace, this is not my way of pranking. Second, if I want to ask you a favor, I should have asked you about it right away, third, if I will tell you an embarrassing thing I did, I don't need to take you here to tell you, and lastly, I don't clearly need anything." Then he winked. 

Okay... Jace. He called me by my second name. He used to do that.

Wait, he did? That was cute! Here I am lying... again. "Stop winking, it doesn't suit you. It makes you look like a maniac rapist."

He frowned. Finally, I began sipping on my milk tea just when he was almost done with his own. "You're bad at teasing,"

I raised my shoulder and slightly smiled, "I guess I am. I haven't used my humor in a while. I guess I'm just about to recycle something that deserves to be in the trash."

He shook his head with a bit of laughter. Is he trying to look cute? Or do I just really find everything he does so cute? "Nah, it's too good to be thrown away, I'm sure it just got abandoned in the attic for a little while but it's actually fine."

Then we both laughed. God, I really wish I could always be with this German Boy.