Chapter 45: Ready?

"Do you recognize the number 1113?" She shook her head.

1113

1113

1113

What are these numbers for?

"Maybe it means something significant in his life? Maybe a date?" Sofia shrugged.

"I don't remember anything that happened on January 1, 2013, aside from New Year's Day," said Taylor.

"Maybe it's not a date. 1113. A... A... A... C in alphabet?"

"Wait, I think it's a trick. There might be a two-digit number there," She pointed out.

"It's either AAM. Or KAC." Sofia concluded. "Oh, wait, it can also be KM."

"I think it's an abbreviation," I whispered.

"Then what is AAM, KAC, and KM about?" Sofia kept her eyes on the numbers.

"Perhaps we can use it for future reference," That's Taylor being a mom. "Where will we be heading now?"

I thought about our conversation at Jax's and our plan to get some milk tea which didn't happen since we landed in jail yesterday. But I don't feel the hype for it anymore.

"I actually don't know," my voice was cracking. I don't know why I couldn't look at them when they looked at me. Then I felt a drop of my tears slowly rolling, making its way down my cheek, and dripping on my shirt.

I sighed. Heavily.

I haven't changed clothes since the day we got out of the hotel. We haven't eaten for like... twenty hours? I haven't gotten an eight-hour complete sleeping time for three days in a row. I miss home. I miss mom. I miss Ven. I miss myself. And I don't know anything anymore. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. I've done so many things by now yet, I have no idea where to find him. Of if I would even be able to.

The next thing, I felt was their arms wrapped around me. Sofia even had to get out of the car to get to me and wipe my tears. "Everything will be okay soon," Taylor whispered.

How can she manage to look so fine?

"I'm sure we'll find him," Sofia was full of hope. She'd always been.

No matter how hard I try to let myself grow, I will never meet the new me. I will stay the same emotional, soft, dramatic, and despondent Jaraiah from the beginning.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he's okay, and I'm sure he doesn't want you to be looking like this." Said Sofia.

It took us a solid moment of silence before I could finally face them. I said nothing for the rest of the drive. We decided to stay at a hotel again to change, eat, and get some sleep though it was hard. But the King Hotel was a luxurious place so we were all able to rest.

The next day, I woke up earlier than them. I grabbed the red notebook immediately and read the page intended for me today.

They say two loving hearts are locked up together. But mine takes some right drive to my lover's.

P.S.: Everything's gonna be alright. Just let me get some time, Jace. I love you so much that I'm hurting myself too much.

No, this isn't the right time to cry. There's no more time for your, tears, little kid.

I went to the balcony and stared at the cars passing by below. We are on the fifth floor so I can see a lot going on downstairs from here. I began to think about these past few days and stopped when something came in.

16?

1113?

KM?

Some right drive?

Four clues, lead to one place.

Could this mean...

There's nothing wrong if we'll give it a shot, right?

I immediately went back inside and headed to Taylor and then Sofia to wake them up. "Pack your things, I found him!" My statement was enough to wake their senses. Though they were scratching their eyes and couldn't look straight at me while still yawning. There was just one bathroom so we had to take turns and wait for the other.

They didn't ask me anything anymore and instead just stood up as they packed their stuff. After having our breakfast, we went to the car, same position. But with a different vibe now. It feels better. Knowing that things are about to be recovered. "Where's the last stop?" Taylor's smile vanished when I answered her question. "Home,"

Confusion was plastered on Sofia's face. "Are you sure about this?" She asked.

I showed them Ven's note for today and then explained. "Each clue is connected to the other. I think the reason why Ven wanted me to read the pages a day was because he didn't want me to find him too early. He probably calculated the days until he'll be finally okay. And maybe, it leads to this date? We'll just give it a shot. It's okay if we fail again, we'll continue then. I'm sure that's what Ven wants us to do."

I continued. "Look, 16, 1113, KM, and some right drive." They looked at each other. I pointed at the note and read it out loud once more. "They say two loving hearts are locked up together. But mine takes some right drive to my lover's. I just thought but I think, this red notebook," I held it up, "serves as our guide. And to my judgment, he built the house, 16 kilometers away from the right side of mine."

Their jaws dropped in realization. "I can't believe he made us get this far when he's just 16 kilometers away from your house," Sofia sarcastically sighed heavily.

"I know right, he gave us an adventure."

"So, that's why I used to feel like he knows what we're doing," we all giggled.

"Okay, are you ready?" Taylor asked me, I nodded.

I'm excitedly ready. I'm ready to see him once again and hug him, ask him about all of these things, tell him that things will be fine like he used to tell me and ask him to come back home with us. Though he's just 16 kilometers away. I'm ready to help him with the things I couldn't help him with before. I'm ready to water the fire that I started. To fix the trigger that I pulled on him. The question is, is he ready?