Chapter 36: The Notebook

You're here on this page. So what? You're planning to go on a hunt for me, aren't you? As I said, I'll come back when I'm ready. But I'm holding on to that ten percent chance that you might look for me.

Before you do, please finish reading this entire notebook first. This will serve as a guide and your reminder as well.

My philosophy professor once said that it is better to wait than to have waited. I didn't get it at first. Why would you bother waiting when the one you wait doesn't care if you wait for them? But then as we went along with our lecture, I figured out that everything takes time. It wasn't the main lesson he was trying to point out but it got stuck in my mind.

I believed that maybe we have to wait for a few things but the right thing will come at the right place, at the right time.

I, therefore, conclude that you might wait for me to come back. And I assure you that I will. At the right place, at the right time. On the other hand, I'm sure that as I wait for you too, you'll come to the right place, at the right time.

I hated waiting when I was younger. You witnessed how grumpy I was when I used to wait for my family to get ready when we were going on a trip. I mean, they would call me out and tell me to hurry up and get ready but they end up being the ones who haven't even done anything.

But it's a huge part of our life. Just like how much you mean to my life. But this summer came and you're all different. I didn't know what to do anymore. I was confused. I didn't know how to approach you or talk to you. Then I ended up questioning you, about my disorder. I thought you were some sort of an impostor that my brain built up.

But at least I was aware of my condition. I was glad I asked my psychologist about it. Or else, I could have been suspecting you as a fake Jace.

I'm oversharing. Anyway, please continue reading before you proceed to the next page.I tried to distract myself by pouring myself a cup of orange juice from the fridge and a slice of cake. I sat back on my chair and placed the notebook on my study table as I turned to the next page.

Alright.

Germany is my home. And I can go anywhere I want just not home. It's the first thing everyone would think I headed to the moment y'all realize that I'm missing.

Germany is great. But Australia is a new place for me to explore even though I spent my summers here since I was seven. Seven or eight? I can't remember but I'm sure I was younger back then. 

I'll tell you my plan. So look for me in these places. You're lucky if you'll get to read this notebook the day after I leave because you might find me in the first three places I'll drop.

First, I'll stay in a hotel. The least popular one but is great. In short, underrated. You've been here before. As far as I can remember, you were a high school junior and your team stayed here for a Campus Journalism competition to be held in the school next to it. 

I stopped and realized he was talking about SRY Hotel. But I'm sure he's not there by now.Second, after a few days, I'll stay in a beach resort. One that's popular and far away from the hotel I previously stayed in. I'm sure you're familiar with it but I don't know if you've ever been here. I looked it up, and it's quite expensive. I'll also stay here for a few days since there's a great accommodation. Free breakfast, and there's a restaurant open for dinner. I guess I'll just need some canned goods for lunch.

He didn't describe the resort that much so I wasn't sure what resort it exactly was. Most of the hotels we have here are expensive and have great accommodations along with free breakfast and a restaurant open for dinner.

Worse, they're all close to each other. But, it's been a few days so he might not be there as well.Third, I'll be in a small house, I mean a very small cubicle house that I've been spending my money on these past few years. The moment I figured out about my disorder, I thought of moving out since I was at the right age to. I just didn't know where. So I saved up some money and built a small house I can leave in. Not in Germany but here in Australia.

Well, here are some places where you might randomly encounter me:

Bean Leaf Café: It's my favorite café here in Australia. So I might be here from time to time

Any Grocery store: I'm human. I run out of supplies because I use them. I need them. So, I might be in grocery stores week after week.

The Market: Same reason as that above.

The Mall: For some furniture, I guess?

Barber Shop: I can't do my haircut. I tried to, a few months ago but I ended up looking like a clown.

ATMs around the country: I need money.

Now if you plan to go on a hunt for me, remember that you should take a lot with you. And someone else you trust since it might be hard. Always bring this notebook with you. I have a lot more to say but now that you already read this page, I want you to read the next pages one by one. Page after page. One page a day.

I went downstairs to put the fork, plate, and the glass I used in the sink and wash them. I wiped my hands with the handkerchief I found on top of the fridge. Then I heard the doorbell ringing. 

"Just a second," I screamed.

Then I opened the door but there was no one.