Chapter 27: Grand Ball

Sofia, who got dressed an hour before me due to her excitement for the event, helped me out with my makeup. And for me, it was really good. I liked the way the shades of them matched my gown. Speaking of the gown, after preparing my pouch, I immediately wore it. And from that moment, it felt hard to move for me.

"You look perfect!" She said when I finally let her in when I was already done wearing it. I just smiled and didn't say anything else. Well, I do think I look good. But what will Ven say? "Time for your hair!" She added as I sat down on the chair again. But this time, I felt kind of lifted because of the huge skirt.

She tied my hair up to a bun but left two curled tucks of my hair both from left and right. Then she handed me a pearl earring. Then she helped me out with my heels. Because she's wearing a blue shiny gown, a V-neck styled with thick straps on its shoulders, and the skirt is not as huge as mine. That does not make her struggle to help me.

When everything was good and done for the two of us, we sat on my bed and stared at the walls of my room. After a second of silence, I looked at her with eyes begging for her to tell me the truth. "Be honest, what do you think Ven would think when she sees me?" I asked.

"Ok, let me be honest, I don't understand. Seriously."

"Do you think he'd say I look good?"

"Girl you are on fire! You look gorgeous! I'm sure you'd be the most beautiful girl tonight!"

"Well, what about Ven, do you think he'd agree?"

"I'm not sure but, maybe?"

Maybe. What does that word with an uncertain meaning can even do?

"Do you think he'd think I look good?" I asked.

"I'm not him, so how could I know?"

"Which is why I'm asking for your perspective!"

"I already told you! Maybe!" She rose her shoulders. I just shook my head. When will she learn?

****

Sofia and I waited for half an hour before we could go outside my room. Because it would be so exaggerated if we'd arrived at the venue an hour before the ball starts. Without even the cameras and the red carpet yet. So we decided to go 20 minutes before the event starts.

The doorbell rang. Sofia was in the bathroom so I had no choice but to be the one who'd open it even if I struggled to do it. When I did, I looked up from the ground up to the guy in front of me who was wearing a pair of black shiny shoes. And he took advantage of being shiny. Because his suit and pants were both covered in silver glitter.

It was Ven. I smiled at him and he was already doing the same thing. "W-Wow..." I couldn't speak. I was stuck in my position. How could he wear something so weird but pull it off so well? If other boys would wear this kind of suit and pants, they'd look like mirror balls. But he looks like a fallen angel right now.

All that he needs are wings. His hair is brushed up, and he looks so neat and clean. Flawless. No scars or anything that could lessen the beauty of his skin. "Hi!" He said. Which woke me up.

"Oh, umm... hi! Umm, well..." I had nothing else to say but I was acting as if I still had more words kept in me. "Umm... m-maybe, we should... go now?" I chuckled. He immediately nodded and we began walking to his car with Sofia behind us after I locked the door. How the heck can I stay normal at this rate?

I wanted to sit in the front passenger seat but I couldn't fit in since my gown was too big. And Sofia and I couldn't fit together as well. So she had to sit in the front. I don't have any regrets with regard to this gown I chose. Even if it feels so hard to carry, it's very gorgeous.

"Who's going to be your date?" He asked before beginning to drive. He was looking at Sofia. So I knew he was talking to her. I mean, why would he ask me about who's going to be my date when he knows he is? Right? Such a stupid thing to think of.

She looked at me with a smirk on her face then back to him. "You don't know him," she said. And I just laughed at the back because I know who it is.

"I just want to know who he is. What is his role in life, why does he have to be your date, and why did you choose him?"

"Nah, you'll judge me, as always." She reasoned out.

"Promise, I won't." He swore.

"You'll see," she responded.

We all chuckled after that small talk. And the rest of the drive was silent.

Short glances in the mirror, but no words. That's it.

Here I am now, wishing I could've brought a book with me to read so this moment wouldn't be this... obstinate.

I thought that school was just around the corner from our house. But in this car right now, it feels like school is from my house to Thailand.

Maybe it's just because we all loom so unusual. We used to be talkative when we were all together. But now... I don't know.

Oh, God! Thank you! Finally, Ven spoke.

"Can outsiders like my vote for the prom king and queen?" He asked.

"Well, yeah... I guess. Since you're in the event. Because I heard that even the teachers and staff would vote. Plus, Women's Face of the Night and Men's Face of the Night are newly added segment awards." Sofia stated. I was just about to speak when she said all that.

Finally, the car stopped. But before we all get out of it, I spoke. "I don't really know why they only established this event when the school year's already over." I just wanted to say something before we part ways.

Wait, are we parting ways?