Chapter 26: Shopping

We reached the mall after five minutes of driving. And that means it has also been five minutes of silence.

When he went down, he just smiled at me and asked me if I was ready where I nodded and then we headed here. Didn't even ask me why I was wearing something like that as Sofia did. Or maybe he began being used to it after witnessing me do the same thing from the past three days that they've been here. That was kind of... new.

The bodyguard opened the doors for us and I walked first as he followed me. The air conditioner inside was strong. Just a little stronger than the temperature outside. "No offense, you look like my personal assistant." That was my way of telling him he looked good.

He's wearing black jeans and a tucked-in pink and white striped polo. And a Rolex watch wrapped around his veiny wrists.

"I'll take it as a compliment," he looked at me as we were staring at the entire mall and the people walking past us. Although we were blocking the entrance.

We began walking, searching for a shoe shop stall.

Then, we finally found one. We entered there after reading the huge sign above its door which said, "Su-Shi-Hoe" I don't know where that name came from. It sounds Chinese. But this is a shoe shop, so why did it mention sushi?

"I'll go to women's wear," I whispered and he nodded as he proceeded to the men's portion. Then we parted ways. A girl with a black straight skirt and a white polo with sleeves up to her elbow and a black tie around her neck walked towards me. "Good morning, ma'am. Welcome to Su-Shi-Hoe Shoe Shop!" She gracefully smiled at me.

"How can I help you today?" She added.

"I need a shoe for my upcoming event."

"May I know what event is it?"

"It's a ball."

"Oh, how long do you want the heels to be?"

"I'm good with four inches." She nodded.

"And your feet size?"

"I'm a size 8,"

"I'll be right back with the best choices, ma'am!" I just smiled at her as she began walking a few steps away from me.

I sat down on a chair and waited for her until she came back with several boxes wrapped around her arms. She placed them down and began with the gray box. When she opened it, there was a gold pair of heels covered in glitter. It looked good but seems too shady.

Then she opened the next one. It was white, but with pearls and beads. When I tried it, it hurt my fingers a bit.

The other one had straps on it. It was black. Which I think doesn't match the event. It's better for a pageant.

She opened a beige matte one. It was perfect, almost. Only if its heels weren't nine inches.

After several tries, she opened the last one. I was hoping so badly that it would fit me and reach my expectations. She grabbed it and handed it to me. I stared at it. This one is silver with glitter all around it. I know this would shine at night and when I tried it on, it felt like there was a pillow inside.

"Why didn't we try opening this first?" I joked. She just smiled at me. "I'll take it," I added.

After paying for what we bought, we proceeded to the cloth shop named, "Jainclod" what is up with the weird shop names here?

We entered and he asked out of nowhere, "What's the theme of the ball, anyway?"

"Last, last year was a Garden Ball. Last year was a masquerade. And this time, it's Euphoria."

"You mean the TV show?"

"No, literally euphoria. As in, magical. So they're really encouraging everyone to wear something kind of... glittery." He nodded just like earlier, we parted ways. I went to the women's portion, and he went to the men's wear.

"Good day and welcome to Jainclod cloth shop, how may we help you?" I smiled at the blonde girl and responded, "I need a gown for a ball. Something glittery,"

She nodded, "please follow me."

"Here are our best stocks. All of these are made by famous fashion designers including Michael Peters, Jennifer Addams, Chloe Scott, and more!"

I was surrounded by mannequins wearing different types of gowns. But one caught my eye. A blue gown with pearls on the upper part. It was very huge. When I tried it, the fabric inside made me feel so itchy. I was uncomfortable so I immediately removed it.

I tried to look for something else that could fit our theme. It was a long drive of searching until my attention was caught by something different. It's not that big. Just eighty percent of the other one earlier. It had a heart-shaped collar line and was off-shoulder styled that seemed like it was a torn-off paper or eaten by a caterpillar because of its sides.

And it wasn't too exaggerated. There were only a few pearls used to decorate the bottom tip of it. Thus, the red plus black color made it stand out. Partially red on the top, and partially black at the bottom. From the fabric used, I can easily say this one's expensive.

I tried it on in the fitting room. It wasn't itchy, loose, or too tight. Just right. I felt like it was made for me. I smiled, feeling like a princess with it. No. A queen.

When I removed it, I stopped searching for something else. I decided to take it. I don't think any other ball gown could look better than this. If they do, they don't fit me. so, what's the point?

I went outside the shop, carrying it in a paper bag. It was very heavy. Then I found Ven standing straight and looking around. He smiled when he saw me. "Got everything I need, you?" I stated.

I wanted to say, Got everything I need. It's you.

"Same, a little hungry though." He replied.

"You're always hungry." I teased.

"Look, it's a restaurant!" He pointed at the food park a few stalls away from us.

"Your eyes truly are sharp when it comes to food." We both giggled.