ZERO

Willow Marie Knox, was a girl who looked for love in everything

Willow Marie Knox, was a girl who looked for love in everything. Due to growing up with an absent father and a mother who rarely showed her affection, she fantasized about being loved.

All she wanted was the lifestyle she seen on tv, not having to worry about anything because everything was already in place. Growing up on the Southside of Chicago was hard, especially for her. She tried to make a living for her own but failed miserably everytime.

Willow was truly lost and in need of true guidance. She needed to get her life together because now she was with child. At nineteen years old, she was pregnant by a boy who didnt give a shit about her. Her life was sad but she continued to push through. Eventually things would get better, she just had to go through her tribulations first.

                    A Couple Of Months Ago

" G that aint my fucking baby Willow, you a goofy get off my porch with that shit." An angry Tank spat looking at Willow through his screen door.

A soft sigh escaped Willow's plumped lips as she stared at Tank. " Tank this is yo baby. I only been with you and you know that. You played a part in creating it so own up to your responsibilities."

Tank waved her off, staring past her. " Shorty you was a slut when I met you. Yo ass prolly been with the whole Southside. On BD that aint my baby so you minuswell get off my porch with that shit" Tank fussed, his mug deepening by every word he said.

" Slut? Stop tryna play me like I'm a fucking hoe. Fuck you want a paternity test?" Willow asked, staring into his dark brown eyes.

" Naw I'm good. Get off my porch for my OG pull up. I hope you find yo real babydaddy, yo goofy ass really just tried to pin a baby on me. Shit crazy" Tank spoke causing a bitter chuckle to fall from Willow's lips.

" Cool, remember everything you said to me. Dont ask to see my child when it's born. Fuck you and yo baldheaded ass OG." Willow retorted before swiftly turning around, beginning to make her way home.

Willow couldn't believe how bad the encounter failed. Truth is Willow had only ever been sexually active with Tank so for him to deny his child and call her out of her name definitely hurt her on another level. The only thing she could do was hold her head high and keep faith that everything would work out for her in the end.

Willow zipped her coat up, feeling a gust of wind blow in her direction. It was the middle of February and it snowed prior to her coming to see him.

Hearing a horn honk, Willow diverted her attention to where the noisy sound came from. Looking over she seen a man rolling his window down.

" You need a ride lil mama?" The man asked, a black and mild hanging in between his chapped lips.

Willow cringed a bit, turning her attention back to snow filled sidewalk.

" Shorty! You need a ride?" The man asked again, pulling up on the side of her. " No, ion need no ride. Thank you though." Willow politely responded giving him a small smile.

" Aight cool. Get home safe, it's getting dark" The man tells her before pulling off in his black Tahoe.

Willow continued to walk before she eventually took a break-feeling her feet getting tired.

" G, I'm over this shit already" Willow mumbled to herself as she began to continue her walk home again. She didn't live to far away from Tank so if she kept going the walk would be a breeze.

Reaching into her pocket she pulled out her airpod case. Opening it she grabbed an airpod out and stuck it in her ear. She pulled her phone out and went to Musi, clicking on Closer by Goapele.

Closer had been one of her favorite songs, specifically getting her through some of her darkest moments.

                      ___________________

Opening the door to her home she shared with her mother, a pout formed on her chocolate face.

" Willow what the fuck is this?" Her mother Rosalee asked holding up one of the pregnacy test she had previously took.

Willow ignored her mother as she slipped out of her uggs and unzipped her coat. " Willow I know you fucking hear me. What the fuck is this?" Rosalee asked getting closer to her daughter.

" I don't know Ma" Willow softly replied staring past her mother. " Willow dont fucking play with me. You know what this shit is! You been fucking? Who the fuck is the daddy?"

Feeling her heart beating outside of her chest, Willow swallowed the lump in her throat. She was scared to admit the truth to her mother because she felt as if she was going to kick her out.

" I only did it a couple times" Willow spoke lowly but loud enough for her mother to hear.

" I'm finna punch you in yo shit! Stop fucking playing with me. Who is the damn daddy?"

" His name Tank.... he dont believe it's his" Willow muttered feeling tears weld up in the corner of her eyes.

" Well you minuswell get rid of it. It's no point in keeping it if the daddy dont want it Willow"

A mug fell upon Willow's face as she stared at her mother. " I wanna keep my baby. I need my baby" Willow pleaded looking at her mother.

" Whatever Willow. You gotta figure this shit out on yo own." Rosalee tells her 19 year old daughter before throwing the pregnancy test onto the living room table.

You on your own baby......