TWENTY-SEVEN

I sat in Keyon's hospital room with a pout on my face

I sat in Keyon's hospital room with a pout on my face. It had been a few hours since we had gotten to the hospital and Keyon had successfully made it out of surgery.

I knew his recovery process would last for a while due to the injuries he received. He got shot a total of 3 times. Once in his chest, once in his abdomen, and a bullet that grazed the side of his face. They were able to get the bullet out of his chest but the one in his abdomen traveled which could result in another surgery depending on how his body reacted to it.

I cried a million times just simply thinking about what could've happened to him. Due to me crying so much I was now dealing with a horrible headache.

" You hungry boo? How you feeling?" India asked looking over at me.

I shook my head no and readjusted my position on the hospital sofa. " I feel okay. I'm just waiting for him to wake up."

" You sure Low? You look like you're in pain." India asked again, eying me with suspicion.

" My head hurts from crying but I'm okay." I responded truthfully in a soft tone.

" Do you wanna ask the nurse for some Tylenol? I don't want you to be uncomfortable boo."

I nodded my head as my attention diverted to the door as Fat Fat, Skilla, and Teejaee walked in.

Fat Fat immediately rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug. " I'm so sorry boo. I promise it's going to be okay."

I nodded my head and began to sniff as I tried my hardest not to cry. " Fat I told him to be careful. I told him." I muttered lowly to her with a pout plastered on my face.

She nodded her head and continued to comfort me.
" He's going to be okay Willow. You know I don't really know what advice to give you other than to be by his side every step of the way because it's going to be a ride."

I nodded my head listening to what she had to say.
" Willow, ima go see about the Tylenol and ima get you some food." India muttered to me, rubbing my shoulder.

" Thank you. I really appreciate it." I thanked her, giving her a small smile. She nodded her head as she got up from her seat and walked out of the room.

I looked over at Fat Fat and continued to speak.

" I'm just happy that he made it and that's he's okay. He scared me Fat. I can't lose him." I continued to tell her, wiping my tears as they began to fall.

" I understand boo. Everything is going to be okay Willow. I want you to calm down and to stop crying and stressing yourself. You are okay. He is okay."

"You wanna do some breathing exercises? That'll make you feel better."

I nodded my head grabbing ahold of her hands. I closed my eyes and began to the do the exercises as she spoke to me.