FOUR

" That GM finna piss me the fuck off

" That GM finna piss me the fuck off." I mumbled to myself watching as he pushed a girl out of the way taking her spot on the register.

" Anybody know where Semaj at?" I questioned looking around the kitchen. " Girl Fred fired her the other day." One of my co-workers told me.

" What you mean? Why she get fired?" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her.

" He found out she hired another employee" She started to speak-putting air quotations on employee.

" Whole time she the damn new employee. She was taking both checks for herself. I guess he checked the cameras and found out. He reported her and fired her on the spot."

I made a face shaking my head. " Damn the jakes came and got her?"

" Yeah she got booked. She finna get locked up."

" Damn free my bitch Maj" I muttered shaking my head because I couldn't believe the news.

I took the current pair of gloves I had on off and walked to the front to work on my normal register.

My attention diverted to the door as someone walked in. " Welcome to Checkers! How may I help you?" I asked in an ecstatic tone, looking at the girl in front of me.

" Can I have the chicken bites and fries box" The girl spoke looking up from her phone. I clicked on the screen adding her items to her order.

" Sauce? And Drink?" I questioned looking around the farely crowded store. We weren't really that busy, but it usually happened on the weekends.

" I want Iced Tea and Ranch I guess." The girl says, looking back down at her phone.

" Is that all?"

" Yeah, what's my total?"

I looked at the screen before replying to her. " Your total is 8.25"

She went in her wallet, pulling out a ten dollar bill. Grabbing it from her, I opened the register and placed the bill in it's correct slot. I then got her correct change and printed her receipt.

" Here is your change. Your food will be ready in a minute." I told her , handing her the change; eventually turning around to make her drink.

I grabbed a cup and took it over to the drink foutain. Filling it up with ice, I swiftly moved it towards the drink part pushing it against the handle. After filling the drink, I reached over to the side grabbing a top. I applied it to the cup and went to hand it to her.

" The straws are over there" I told her pointing towards the area holding all the needed necessities.

She nodded walking over to that area. I lightly hummed waiting for her order to get done.

" Excuse me Willow, what are you doing?" Fred, the GM asked looking at me.

I sighed turning around to face him. " I'm waiting on her food." I lowly mumbled, mentally rolling my eyes.