SIXTEEN

" This mug fully furnished too

" This mug fully furnished too. I'm so happy!" I smiled, maneuvering the phone so Keyon was able to see my apartment.

God just continues to bless me, I couldn't be more thankful!

" I see that shit all over yo face. Send me the lo shorty, I'm finna scoop you." Keyon responded, sitting his phone in his lap so he could continue to drive.

" Hold on, imma just share my lo with you" I muttered swiping out of our call and going to our message thread so I could share my location.

" Where we finna go?" I questioned sitting back down on the couch.

" To the mall. You dressed?"

" Yeah, just call me when you outside" I muttered waiting for him to reply. He said fasho, leaving me to hang up the phone.

I looked around my apartment before bursting into tears. I was so proud of myself for what I was accomplishing in life. I know younger me would also be proud of me since this was something I always dreamed of.

" Damn son, you always got mommy crying" I mumbled rubbing my hand over my stomach before chuckling as he began to kick.

I wiped my face, hearing a knock sound off at the door. I got up from the couch and made my way to the door. I looked through the peephole, swiftly opening it for Key.

" Waddup" He greeted pulling me into a tight hug. I layed my head on his chest, in-taking his wonderful scent.

" You ready ma?" He questioned as I nodded pulling away from the hug. I then went to my room to grab my purse. Looking around I spotted it on the closet door handle. I walked over and grabbed it, putting it on.

" Doodie grab my phone off the couch" I yelled out, picking up a bottle of perfume off of my dresser. I sprayed a couple of sprits of it before putting the cap back on and sitting it down.

" How it feel outside?" I asked as I began to make my way towards the front door.

" It's cool. It aint cold or none." Keyon spoke, handing my phone to me. He hiked his pants up before opening the door.

A wave of chills went through my body as he grabbed onto my waist and began to guide me out of the apartment. I closed the door, sticking my key in to lock it.

After locking the door, we began to make our way down to his car.

" Boy you switch yo car up everyday" I told him as he opened the door for me.

" I aint buy em for no reason" He responded closing the door, making his way over to the drivers side and getting in.

I connected my phone to his aux, clicking play on my Oldschool playlist. Secret Love by Kelly Price began to play as he pulled off.

" What you know bout this youngin?" Keyon questioned with a small smile.

" I should be asking you that lil nigga" I responded with a low chuckle.