TWENTY

I smiled at Fat Fat as she grabbed the gift bag I was holding out to her

I smiled at Fat Fat as she grabbed the gift bag I was holding out to her. Her beautiful teeth were showcased as her smile got bigger.

Fat began to pull the gifts out of the bag, stopping once she got to an envelope.

" Ouu I wonder what's in here" Fat Fat jokes pulling the card out of the envelope.

She then began to read the card, slowly placing her hand over her mouth due to a sense of shock. " Aww Willowww, I love you sooo much! I'm so happy God allowed us to meet. He knew we needed each other!"

I wiped the lone tear that threatened to spill from my eyes. " I love you so much more. I'm so grateful for you and India. You guys have really helped bring me to a more comfortable place and I couldn't be more thankful. God definitely knew we all needed each other."

" Right! And look at you big ballin, giving me all this money. Thank you so much boo."

" You're welcome love! You deserve it." I responded giving her a soft smile.

I adjusted my position on her couch feeling Riome place a hard kick on the surface of my stomach. I reached over to the side of me and grabbed my water bottle off of the table. I twisted the cap off and took a few sips before diverting my attention back to Fat Fat.

" So what are the plans for tonight?" I asked Fat Fat whom was placing all of her gifts back into the rather large gift bag.

" I honestly don't know Low. My mama nem outta town, my boyfriend and I aren't on good terms, and India has to work. I'm kind of frustrated because I wanted everybody to celebrate with me." Fat Fat spoke, her huge smile turning into a small pout.

" It's okay Ye'Senia. We can do something today and we can celebrate with everyone else when your Mom comes back"

" I know but I just wanted it to be special today. But you're right. We can go out to eat or something." Fat Fat eventually agreed, standing to her feet.

" Where do you wanna go?" I asked looking at her.

" We can go somewhere like Capital Grille or somewhere fancier. I don't know. You wanna go to a steakhouse?" Fat Fat asked, running her hands through her 40 inch 613 bundles. The blonde hair paired well with her chocolate skin.

" Yeah we can. I have to stop by my apartment to get ready and stuff. I'll meet you back here around 7:30 ish. Is that cool?"

" That's perfect. Do you want me to take you?" Fat Fat asked as I shook my head no.

" No, Katch should be pulling up soon." I replied looking down at my phone as it vibrated. His name flashed across my screen as he continued to call me.

Fat Fat bumped her eyebrows and looked at me with a smile. " Step daddy Katch! I love that for you boo!"

" Oh my gosh Fattt" I gasped placing my hand over my mouth. " You and India are outrageous" I began to laugh, simultaneously shaking my head.