ONE

" G, I said no pickles on my shit

" G, I said no pickles on my shit. Take this bitch back bro. Y'all asses tweaking innis bitch." A young boy cursed sitting an unwrapped burger on the counter.

I grabbed the burger from off of the counter and stared at him. " My fault... I put no pickles on the ticket" I muttered softly staring at his tall frame.

" It's all good shorty" The boy spoke again as I nodded making my way into the kitchen.

" Why yall put pickles onnat man burger? Y'all asses getting me cussed out and shit" I voiced looking at the workers in the back.

" Fuck him! His skinny ass needed them fucking pickles." India cursed making a face as she put some fries into the fry container.

I lowly chuckled reaching over to the side and grabbing a pair of gloves. " Low, take your break. I don't want you to be on your feet for to long" My manager Semaj tells me as she walks out of her office and into the kitchen.

" Thank you Maj. I'm fine though, I'll take it later." I reassured her as I began to assemble the burger.

" No Problem pooh. Let me know if you need to stop working, I'll take over for you." Semaj responded as I nodded, wrapping the burger up in the checkered parchment paper.

" Thank you again" I muttered as I passed by her walking back to the front. " It's no pickles on this one" I tell him as I placed the burger in a bag. I then passed to him and took the gloves off.

" Good looking shorty" The boy responds before eventually making his way out of the restauraunt.

I turned to face the digital clock that sat on the wall above the windows. Seeing the time read 7:47, I muted my headset.

" Low Low, when you get off?" Fat Fat asked me as she opened the cash register and began to distribute a different amount of bills and coins.

" 9, why you good?" I responded looking over at her.

" Yeah, I get off at the same time and I was gone drop you off. It's getting late and I dont want you to walk home." Fat Fat expressed as she continued to add money to the register.

" Aww thank you fat fatttt" I dragged smiling at her.

" You a fucking goofy, get the fuck on" Fat Fat retorted as she laughed at me.

I chuckled along with her, looking up as a group of people walked into the restaurant. I walked over to the other register so I could take their order.

" Welcome to Checkers. What can I get you?" I asked clicking onto the computer screen.

" Uhhh.... Uhhhh.... Lemme get a uhhh..."

I mentally rolled my eyes staring at the boy who stood in front of me. " Let me get that lil baconzilla meal"

I nodded adding it on the screen. " Drink?" I questioned looking up from the screen. " Let me get a fruit punch and sprite mixed together"