THIRTY

" Bae can you DoorDash me some Okra? Oh and some raspberry leaf tea

" Bae can you DoorDash me some Okra? Oh and some raspberry leaf tea." I called out from the kitchen.

I was in the process of sterilizing Riome's bottles and pacifiers. His due date was literally in a week and I needed to be prepared.

Not hearing a response from Keyon, I began to call out again. " Baeeee" I yelled out a tad bit louder. I turned the hot water off and sat the current bottle I held in my hand down on the kitchen counter.

I walked to the back of Keyon's home to where Riome's room was and walked in. " Got them dumbass Beats on." I mumbled looking at him sitting down on the floor, putting Riome's crib together.

I went over and tapped him on the shoulder. Keyon adjusted the pair of headphones from over his ears and looked at me. " Hmm?" He hummed sitting the drill down.

" Can you DoorDash me some fresh okra and some raspberry mint leaf tea?" I asked before I quickly shut my eyes, feeling a sharp pain shoot through my body.

" Yeah, you good? What's hurting?" Keyon asked, immediately standing up, grabbing ahold of my hand.

" I think I'm good." I muttered before making eye contact with him.

" Naw you ain't. That was a contraction?" Keyon questioned yet again.

" I don't think so. They said it's supposed to feel like an enhanced period cramp and that didn't feel like one." I replied shifting my weight onto one leg.

" You sure you good?" Keyon asked again, grabbing my face.

" Mhmm." I hummed nodding my head yes. He placed a kiss on my lips before going into his pocket to grab his phone. He grabbed it and handed it to me.

" Hmm. Order yo stuff. Ima finish putting this together." Keyon told me before lifting the structure of the crib up.

I unlocked his phone with my face and went to the DoorDash app. I clicked on Kroger and added the fresh okra and raspberry peppermint leaf tea to the cart before clicking done and paying for it.

" Thank you stinkkk." I thanked him, handing his phone back to him.

" You welcome baby." Keyon muttered going over to grab the small mattress. Once he grabbed it he put it inside of the crib.

I walked out of the room and made my way back into the kitchen. I turned the hot water back on and continued to wash Riome's bottles and pacifiers so I could prepare them for sterilization.

Once I was done washing the bottles and pacifiers, I turned them over on the dish rack. I then grabbed a pot and filled it up with some water. I put it on the stove and turned it on.

" What's that word cutty." Keyon walked into the kitchen, speaking loudly on the phone.

I cut my eyes at him and began to drop the bottles into the pot of boiling water.