THIRTY-THREE

" You nervous?" Keyon questioned looking over at me

" You nervous?" Keyon questioned looking over at me. I shook my head no and unstrapped my seatbelt, sitting my phone in Keyon's lap.

" I miss my son though." I made a face as he laughed.

" You gone see him in a minute. Be cool." Keyon told me as he got out of the car and maneuvered his way around to the passenger side. He opened the door and grabbed my hand, helping me out of the car.

" So is your daddy mean? What's tea?" I asked as he grabbed my waist and began to guide me into the entrance of Chicago's Correctional Facility.

" Naw he chill like my OG. He only mean when he mad." Keyon replied as I nodded my head. He opened the door again and we walked into the facility.

Keyon walked up to the receptionist desk and I followed quickly behind him.

" Who are you here to see?" The woman sitting at the desk asked, diverting her attention to us.

" I'm here to see Antwon Harris." Keyon voiced, grabbing ahold of my hand.

The woman began to type something into her computer before she gave us directions on where to go and what to do. Since this was in fact a prison, we had to go through a security check.

I knew not to bring my purse nor phone in cause they definitely weren't going to let me keep it. I followed behind Keyon as he walked through a metal detector.

I walked through and watched as they used the hand held metal detector on Keyon. Once they were done, they repeated the same process on me.

Eventually we both made our way into the room where the inmates were seated, preparing to speak to whomever came to visit them.

I eyed Keyon as he began to smile as we approached a man who looked like an older version of him.

" Waddup pops." Keyon greeted as grasping hands with his Dad.

" Aww sukie sukie naw. This all you son?" His dad asked looking at me.

I began to smile knowing that was something good.

" Yeah, this Willow. Willow this my pops." Keyon introduced us as we both sat down on the small bench.

" Hey." I extended my hand as he did the same, a small handshake happening.

" Wassup. You treating my son well?" Antwon asked turning his head to the side.

" Of courseee. I love my man." I dragged with a small smile.

" Love to hear it. Where the baby at? I wanted to see the lil nigga." Antwon made a face as Keyon laughed.

" He with my mama. We won't finna bring him to prison. Hell you thought this was?"

Antwon began to laugh and patted his chest. " You right. That's on me. I thought shit was sweet."

I laughed at his antics before adjusting my position. " Yeah nigga you trippin." Keyon laughed before Antwon looked at me.