TWENTY- FIVE

The Way by Jill Scott played through out my apartment as Keyon placed a wet plaster strip over my bump

The Way by Jill Scott played through out my apartment as Keyon placed a wet plaster strip over my bump. We were in the middle of casting my bump. I loved the thought of preserving my bump in such a special way. It was great for memory purposes and I honestly couldn't wait to show Riome this when he was older.

" Dip that again. It's not wet enough to stick." I told Keyon as he slightly dipped one of strips in the bowl of water.

" I know what I'm doing shorty" Keyon mumbled before looking up at me with a mug.

I chuckled at his antics before falling into a deep train of thought. It had been a week since I had met Keyon's family. I loved his mother, aunt, and little brother but his Grandma though? Oh she could kick rocks.

I dislike the fact that she made me cry. I hated how vulnerable I was at times. I felt as if it was so easy for people to get under my skin and I didn't like that. In a way my pregnancy made me feel weak, simply because of my hormones. The littlest things made me cry and I was tired of it.

Keyon was really apologetic about the whole situation. It made him feel some type of way, being that his grandmother said the things she did. He was really upset about the situation so we never went back to his mother's house. On the bright side, he took me shopping as an apology.

" What you thinking bout?" Keyon asked, placing another plaster strip on my bump.

" Nothing boo. I'm just watching you do yo thang." I replied, eyeing him attentively.

" We gone paint it when we done?" He asked as I shook my head no.

" I just wanna write the date, our names, and his name."

He nodded his head continuing to place the strips on my belly. " Ouu bae I never told you! Tank literally never came so we could do the blood test. Like this exactly what I was talking about."

Keyon looked at me with unreadable facial expression. " Ian gone lie bae, me and you both knew he wasn't finna come around. Y'all gone be straight. I got y'all. A hunnit percent."

I smiled as I looked at him. " I know boo and I'm beyond grateful. I just hate the fact that he lied you know. That's not fair but hey like you say we gone be straight."

" Always" He stated. I looked in his face and I could tell he was holding his tongue.

" Say what you gotta say Messiah." I told him, my brown orbs staring right back into his.

" Stop getting yo hopes up for a nigga you know ain't finna come around. Ion give a fuck bout none of that shit he telling you. He purely a bitch and we both know he can't handle his responsibilities." Keyon spoke placing another strip on my bump.

" I know that Keyon. I just felt the need to give him a chance since he said that's what he wanted. Don't yell at me though." I responded making a face at him.