TEN

" You need to go visit your father

" You need to go visit your father. He been asking bout you Key." My mama told me, looking up as she continued to cut the greens.

" I'll go when I got time. He'll be straight." I responded as she eyed me.

" Whatever issue you have with him, yall need to talk it out. Life to damn short to be dwelling on the past. Move forward and make up."

" Aight I hear you..." I mumbled letting what she told me go in one ear and out the other.

" Yes, you hear me Keyon, but are you listening?I aint playing with ya lil scrawny ass." Mama asked sitting the knife down. I nodded my head because I wasnt in the mood for this conversation.

" Why you and ya daddy got problems? You never wanna tell me. Is it something bad?"

I sighed before I began to speak up. " Naw mama it too aint bad, I just dont wanna talk bout it. We'll be cool before you know it." I reassured her, simply letting her know everything was good.

" Aw okay, as long as you okay baby. Tell Jax to get his ass up. Its a school night and he aint finna be up the whole night" My mama told me, picking her knife up again-beginning to chop the greens into nice sized pieces.

I smacked my lips, looking over at her. " You childish ma, let his ass stay sleep."

" That aint being childish, that's called being a parent. Now go wake his ass up, and tell him to do his homework" My mama fussed getting up from the table and walking over to the stove to dump the greens in the pot.

I lowly chuckled as I stood up from the dining room table as well. I began to make my way upstairs to my lil brotha's room.

I pushed the slightly creeked door open and walked in. " This lil nigga here" I mumbled to myself looking at his face. His ass look just like his ugly ass daddy.

" Aye lil nigga, Ma said get up" I voiced kicking his lil race car bed. He stirred in his sleep, changing his postion but not budging to the sound of my voice.

" Jaxon... Jaxon... Jaxon...." I loudly yelled looking at him. " Get yo lil ass up" I told him watching as his eyes slowly opened.

" You betta get yo ass out my rwoom." Jaxon groggily spoke looking at me with a mug.

I burst into a fit of laughter as I stared at him.
"Onna guys yo lil ass funny as hell. Ma said get up and do yo homework or she gone delete yo Roblox account." I lied watching as his face straightened.

" Her aint say that shit boy. Yo ass a liar on BD" Jaxon cursed as he got out of his bed with a mug on his face.

" Who taught yo ass how to cuss? Onna guys you funny as fuck. Say another one" I geeked looking down at him.

" No, you gone tell Mommy with yo bitch ass." He told me, which made me bust out laughing.

" Where yo Daddy at? He not here?"